John Setzler

Kamado Master

• Administrators
  • 7,001 posts
  • LocationValdese, NC
  • Grill:Kamado Joe

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

20110821_Dessert_0497.JPG

This is a very simple dessert that I sorta tossed together quite a long time ago. More recently, I decided to try cooking it on the grill and it was really tasty!

Cherry-Peach Grill Cobbler

Ingredients:

1 or 2 cans of cherry pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)
1 or 2 cans of peach pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)
1 can of your favorite pop-open biscuits
Sugar
Cinnamon
Melted Butter

Directions:

Dump your pie filling into a baking dish (how much you need depends on the size of the baking dish) and stir it around to mix it up. Pop open and separate your biscuits. Dip biscuit in melted butter and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture and place sugar side up on top of the pie filling mixture in the dish. Cook on the grill at 300-350° until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbly. Serve and watch your family/friends lick their lips for a while!

• Grabber70Mach likes this

Valdese, North Carolina

Kamado Joe Classic ° Kamado Joe Big Joe ° Kamado Joe Jr.

Kamado Joe Cooking Channel

#2 TrueBlueEagle

TrueBlueEagle

Fire Tender

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationCommerce, GA

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

20110821_Dessert_0497.JPG

This is a very simple dessert that I sorta tossed together quite a long time ago. More recently, I decided to try cooking it on the grill and it was really tasty!

Cherry-Peach Grill Cobbler

Ingredients:

1 or 2 cans of cherry pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)
1 or 2 cans of peach pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)
1 can of your favorite pop-open biscuits
Sugar
Cinnamon
Melted Butter

Directions:

Dump your pie filling into a baking dish (how much you need depends on the size of the baking dish) and stir it around to mix it up. Pop open and separate your biscuits. Dip biscuit in melted butter and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture and place sugar side up on top of the pie filling mixture in the dish. Cook on the grill at 300-350° until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbly. Serve and watch your family/friends lick their lips for a while!

Got a tailgate cooking comp coming up this weekend. Think I'm gonna give this a shot as a dessert category! I'd like to also incorporate some girlled peaches, or maybe layer grilled pineapple on top for the aesthetics?

"Having a best friend is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get that warm feeling it brings"

#3 bosco0633

bosco0633

Kamado Master

• Lifetime Supporter
  • 4,612 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada
  • Grill:Kamado Joe

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

basic but looks really good John!

Kamado Joe BIG JOE - Kamado Joe CLASSIC -Kamado Joe JR. - Napoleon Prestige Pro500 Gas  

Weber Kettle OTG 22" (SOLD) - Weber WSM 22.5 (SOLD)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cherries, Peaches, Cinnamon, Biscuits, Cobbler