Photo

Grill Masters 2014 NCAA Bracket Challenge!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 John Setzler

John Setzler

Kamado Master

• Administrators
  • 6,340 posts
  • LocationValdese, NC

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Greetings Gurus!

Welcome to the Grill Masters 2014 NCAA Bracket Challenge!  This year's challenge is sponsored by:

Kamado Joe - http://www.kamadojoe.com

GrillGrate - http://www.grillgrate.com

Ceramic Grill Store - http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com

The winner of this bracket challenge will receive the following prizes:

Kamado Joe Jr. 13" Ceramic Kamado Grill (Thanks Bobby!)

Gift Certificate ($250!!) for Ceramicgrillstore.com (Thanks Tom!)

$75 in GrateBucks from GrillGrate to spend plus a GrillGrate T-Shirt (Thanks Brad!)

Who can Play?

This contest is open to anyone 18 years old or older.  If there are any restrictions on prize shipments to locations other than the United States, I will update this post to reflect that.  The Kamado Joe grill will be available to ship almost anywhere in the world.  

How to Enter:

To enter this contest, you must send me an email (john@setzler.net) to request an invitation to play.  Your email request must include the following information:

First Name, Last Name

Email Address

Phone Number

Shipping Address

YOU MAY ONLY ENTER ONCE.

This information will NOT be shared with anyone.  I'm requiring this information so I don't have to chase anyone down at the end of the contest to get your prizes on the way!

When you send me an email requesting an invitation, I will respond directly to your email as soon as I have sent your invitation from the cbssports.com website.  If you do not receive the invitation to play within 24 hours of that time, please let me know via email.  Check your spam folders if you do not receive this invitation.  There will be no way to add you to the contest after the entry deadline.

I am hosting this bracket challenge on cbssports.com.  Once you have received an invitation to the contest, you may access the site here:

http://grillmasters....m.cbssports.com

Bracket selection will be available on March 16, 2014 and you should receive an alert from the website to get your brackets completed.  Your brackets must be completed prior to the start of play on March 20, 2014.  Please see the http://grillmasters....m.cbssports.com website for the actual time deadline on that day for picks to be made.  I'd advise getting your picks made by March 19th.

Let the Madness Begin!!!

• Frosch, Big Dawg and pjg76 like this

Valdese, North Carolina

Kamado Joe Classic ° Kamado Joe Big Joe ° Kamado Joe Jr.

Kamado Joe Cooking Channel

#2 John Setzler

John Setzler

Kamado Master

• Administrators
  • 6,340 posts
  • LocationValdese, NC

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

Bumping for the night crowd.... Get signed up to play!

Valdese, North Carolina

#3 Ross

Ross

Kamado Master

• Global Moderators
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

This Tourney's a lot of fun, guys, check it out. I've never participated in a NCAA bracket in my life before John invited me to participate in his last year (no prizes). I did a little research on bracket picks on Google before I filled it out, and I won the thing. It fun to follow, join up, I plan on doing it today.
  • Freddyj likes this

Join the 2014 Kamado Guru Fantasy Football League! http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/12159-the-league-2014/

#4 John Setzler

John Setzler

Kamado Master

• Administrators
  • 6,340 posts
  • LocationValdese, NC

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

I just got a note from Tom at ceramicgrillstore.com and his gift certificate prize is $250!!!

• Freddyj likes this

Valdese, North Carolina

#5 John Setzler

John Setzler

Kamado Master

• Administrators
  • 6,340 posts
  • LocationValdese, NC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:20 AM

We have 24 people signed up to play... would love to see this contest get at least 100 entries!

Valdese, North Carolina

#6 Mr Cue

Mr Cue

Kamado Sensei

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationCumberland Plateau, Tn

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

I don't have a lot of experience in this type of contest but I'll give it a go. Email inbound. 

Char-Griller Akorn

#7 DerHusker

DerHusker

Guru Forum Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4,393 posts
  • LocationEscondido, CA

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

I don't have a lot of experience in this type of contest but I'll give it a go. Email inbound.

^^^ This ^^^

What's the Challenge this month?

Primo Oval XL, Vision Classic Kamado with Adjustable Rig, 60" Members Mark Gasser, Weber 22.5" OTS & Weber Go Anywhere

#8 Mr Cue

Mr Cue

Kamado Sensei

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationCumberland Plateau, Tn

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

I was hoping my buddy could help me out in picking a bracket, he is an athletic rehab trainer for Northeastern University but his affiliation with the NCAA sports programs prevents him from participating in any such contest in any form so I will be drawing my picks at random, maybe I will land that on in a 100 million times infinity chance of a perfect bracket and collect some cash from Mr. Buffet B)

Char-Griller Akorn

#9 Ross

Ross

Kamado Master

• Global Moderators
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

I got all signed up last night, looking forward to the Tourney. I don't really follow college basketball too closely.Can anyone tell me about when we will start filling out our bracket for the 2nd round start (approximate date)? UPDATE: Never mind, John just answered my question in his opening post....

ANYHOW...,  get signed up everyone, some great prizes being offered.

Join the 2014 Kamado Guru Fantasy Football League! http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/12159-the-league-2014/

#10 John Setzler

John Setzler

Kamado Master

• Administrators
  • 6,340 posts
  • LocationValdese, NC

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

We still need a LOT MORE PLAYERS!  This is free!  Get signed up to play!

Valdese, North Carolina

#11 SmittySmith

SmittySmith

Hamburger Helper

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Email sent!!

#12 Ross

Ross

Kamado Master

• Global Moderators
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

The name of the game, for KG sponsors in contests such as this, is VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME! If we can demonstrate that the interest is big, in future contests, the prizes will be bigger. If the turnout is small, in future contests we'll be competing for a BBQ brush rather than a kamado, so sign up everyone!

#13 John Setzler

John Setzler

Kamado Master

• Administrators
  • 6,340 posts
  • LocationValdese, NC

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

I still don't have the volume of participants I really need for this but its going to happen anyway.  I'm going to start promoting it to some different groups of people where I might find more interest than we have here :)

• Freddyj likes this

Valdese, North Carolina

#14 Frosch

Frosch

Grill Boss

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

I will be sending an email!

#15 keeperovdeflame

keeperovdeflame

Kamado Sensei

• Global Moderators
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationPrescott, AZ

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Hey John, I sent you an email but am having difficulty signing up on the bracket site. Can you give me some step by step  help for the complete Idiot

Large Big Green Egg, Weber Genesis

Cookin in Cowboy Country