Hey everyone, I’ve been battening in my head over a decision, so I decided to seek the community’s advice!
My current situation:
- Kamado Joe Classic II, which I’m absolutely in love with. Best purchase I ever made!
- I have a ton of classic griddled/accessories.
- I mostly use it to reverse-sear steaks, and make smash burgers on the cast iron griddle.
- I occasionally grill chicken and seafood, but the primary use is steaks and burgers.
- I love low-and-slow cooking but have not really dabbled in serious smoking.
What I’m looking for:
- More capacity when I’m hosting larger BBQs. Right now, the 18” Kamado doesn’t cut it.
- I wanna be able to cook 2 things in parallel. Like steaks and burgers... or steak and fish.
- Compactness helps, as I live in a townhouse with a patio/terrace but no backyard.
Options I’m considering:
- Replace classic with a big joe (but I still
wouldn’t be able to do parallel cooks)
- Add a 2nd Kamado (classic, big joe or big green egg?)
- Add a Weber Summit kamado/grill.
- Add a Weber Performer kettle.
The Weber Performer is the least costly, but I don’t just want to make the decision based on cost.
What do you think I should do? Which option would you take if you were me. Or do you have an other opinion that’s not included above.
Thank you for your help!