Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'chipped'.
Last summer, I was given a "hand-me-down" Grill Dome which had chipped under prolonged exposure to extreme weather. I decided to do a complete overhaul. This included repairing chips, rebuilding missing sections, and a full repaint using a high-temp wrinkle finish. I also ordered a brand-new kevlar/nomex weave gasket which was custom-sized for the Grill Dome (more on that in a separate post). The owners of Grill Dome graciously spent a lot of time with me by phone and via email to explain in detail all the considerations for my project. Below are pictures of the various stages - from stripping paint, to resurfacing, repainting, through to the final build. It was a fun project and I learned a lot! As a result of my first success, I inherited a second cooker which I plan to strip down and re-build this summer. I plan on applying a new high-heat ceramic paint and if all goes as planned, this cooker will look like nothing you have ever seen! Enjoy. KCobra