iGrill Mini

Found this at Lowe's in Canada and decided to give it a try. I have used it about 5 times now and it's working good. 

I have a DigiQ from BBQ Guru and I love it but there is only one food probe and sometimes I need a second so that's why this was appealing. Also for the the times when I didn't need the pit probe / pit viper full set up, I thought the iGrill Mini would be a great simple set up. It would not be fair to compare this to the DigiQ as they are different beasts and the DigiQ costs quite a bit more. 

Pro's:

- Temperature is very accurate

- Love the iPhone app and notifications - they also have an android app

- Bluetooth range is excellent

- Compact and durable

- Price is reasonable

Con's 

- Battery life could be better

- Sometimes the iPhone app does not communicate the proper battery life of the device - has been better since last update

Overall, I would give this a 7 out of 10. 

post-3170-0-54485000-1396325158.jpg

post-3170-0-36148200-1396325159.jpg

Thanks for the review, I gave one to my brother in law for xmas. I did not cook with it but did turn it on and checked the app on my IPad and distance which seemed good. but as you indicated the battery life was not good so I included extra batteries with the gift. I have not heard any feed back on it's performance. IGrill offers a 2 channel kitchen model on the web site also a 4 channel is due out soon it's price point is $99US. The site also offers a pit probe for $20. I would like to try the bluetooth over the WIFI my cyberQ uses.