Sign in to follow this  
bbqchicken

Primo Grills description videos

Hey, look, everyone, it's Fred the Smoken' Guitar Player, and now smoken' with a Primo Grill! That's right, Fred now carries Primos in his show room, and he's done a video review of his newest edition. I just love Fred's BBQ reviews! He's very high energy and quite the salesman. I bet he could sell swamp land in the Mojave Desert. Here's Fred:

This thread has not been updated in a while, but I figured it would be good for us Primo fan boys to post Primo video links here as we come across them. I am posting this video because I have never seen someone light their chimney directly on the grill grate. And then pound a few pieces of lit charcoal through the grate.  He is the guy that owns Bad Byron's Butt Rub. The parts are at 2:30, 5:56 and 6:16. That will spare you the rest of the video, which is otherwise targeted to a novice.

A picture is worth a thousand words, videos are always welcome, even if they are out of date. For the Primo XL Oval and the Large Oval, the videos still show the now not available reversable cooking grids. Some time ago, Primo added a support bar to their grids running perpendicular to the grid bars. This is to add strength and ensure the grid does not warp or crack the finish. With the bar the racks are not really all that usable in the reversed position (top of the fire box). The CGS offers SS grids and grid/stone holders that allow cooking at both levels. Only for the XL, so 300 owners might have to wait for sometime.

Really enjoyed watching most of these.