Cedar Akorn table complete!

70Chevelle

Started on it Saturday afternoon and wrapped it up Sunday afternoon

measures 58x33(wider that I had planned but I like it)

All Cedar and stainless hardware

Ill probably pick up a 16x16 tile of some sort for the top to set the grate on

overall i think it turned out pretty good. learned a few things along the way too.

post-3438-0-89805400-1398713241_thumb.jp

Looks great! Did you fasten it in, or is the Akorn just sitting in the hole?

Chris

its sitting on the factory shelf brackets, i cut 2 notches in a 2x4 and dropped it down in them. It has a small amount of play that I may deal with some day, but it doesnt bother me right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined this forum to get some ideas for an Akorn table. It was a lot of help. I'm on my phone but will post pictures once I figure out how ha

Well I cant seem to figure out the picture thing but the original picture in this thread gave me a basic blueprint of the design. So thanks, and you have a great looking table. 

• 2 weeks later...

That's a nice table design.  I especially love the undershelf lighting.  Going to that extent, I'm almost surprised there's no gooseneck lamp on the top to light the grill surface.  How's the table working for you now that you've been using it for more than a month?  I've just purchased an Akorn, and a grill table / cart is in the plans.  I don't have a really good grilling location, so I have to move my grill around a lot.  I was planning on mounting the grill by the leg stubs, worried that the shelf tabs might not be strong enough to support a loaded grill over time.  The shelf tabs would be a lot easier to mount to, so how is yours holding up?