Sign in to follow this  
Bshort

Anyone who has built a table please respond

So I like the idea of a table for my kamado. One thing I haven't decided on is overall table height. Size of the kamado hole. And distance from kamado base to table top. If you have built a table and have any of these measurements handy I would appreciate the info. And if you have a picture of your kamado in a table please attach. Thanks!

BigJoeTableFinished.jpg

The first thing you need to do is figure out your working height of the grill surface.  You also need to figure in feet for the kamado or the thickness of a paver stone to set the kamado on when setting it on the base of the table.  I used these plans and modified them to my needs:

http://grilldome.net/wp-content/themes/neon/images/LargeWoodTablePlans.pdf

I ended up getting the Primo stainless cart so I did not cut out for the grill. I just moved so I'm still setting up my grilling area. I had fun building these tables and everyone who comes over loves them. Good luck with your's!

post-1906-0-42185500-1399043538_thumb.jp

I think you would want the table height to be 36 inches, just like a kitchen counter. It a height we are all familiar with using as a work station when preparing food. You won't be doing much work on the grill itself other than placing the food and flipping it around a bit so that being a couple inches higher shouldn't be a problem if you are going to insert it into the table.