Hello kamado friends!

I want to inform people on the forum about an awesome product that I discovered a year ago here in Canada as I was researching gel based fire starters. Some of you probably know, there's been debate on using this kind of product to light your cooker but I can confidently report that after testing this sugarcane based fire starting gel, it works really well. ( even in my kamado cookers!!!) Zero toxins, zero chemical agents, zero petroleum, odourless and can be used inside or out to light everything from wood stoves, pellet stoves, charcoal Bbq's etc.

Would love to hear people's view points and feed back on fire gels.

Feed your fires!

The Grateful Griller

Hey the gratefulgriller,

I was always under the impression that liquid or gel firestarters are NOT recommended for ceramic cookers because of potential contamination. Has this been an issue with your testing of the fire-gel?

Hey KamadoCobra!

Right you are.  Due to toxins and chemical agents absorbing into the porous ceramic walls they've never been supported.  The product I tested is called Fuel21 out of the USA and is completely organic and non toxic so there's nothing to absorb.  It's a clean flame, odourless and most importantly is made from  sustainable sugarcane. 

G

Hey the gratefulgriller,

I was always under the impression that liquid or gel firestarters are NOT recommended for ceramic cookers because of potential contamination. Has this been an issue with your testing of the fire-gel?

Hey KamadoCobra!

Right you are.  Due to toxins and chemical agents absorbing into the porous ceramic walls they've never been supported.  The product I tested is called Fuel21 out of the USA and is completely organic and non toxic so there's nothing to absorb.  It's a clean flame, odourless and most importantly is made from  sustainable sugarcane. 

G

I like this idea  but you sound like a sales rep.

Hey the gratefulgriller,

Hey KamadoCobra!

Right you are. Due to toxins and chemical agents absorbing into the porous ceramic walls they've never been supported. The product I tested is called Fuel21 out of the USA and is completely organic and non toxic so there's nothing to absorb. It's a clean flame, odourless and most importantly is made from sustainable sugarcane.

G

I like this idea but you sound like a sales rep.

Hey Marty!

Cheers man for chiming in! I'm certainly affiliated with Fuel21 through my own cooking concept as you can clearly read on my site. More importantly though, I'm happy to hear you like the idea. If you do come across the product, please let me know what you think.

Feed your fires man!