Out of the living room and into the fire

Well it's about dam time!!!

J/K - - - looking good. But I was actually expecting to see grilled laptop as your 1st cook. :shock:

it's sort of a pain with the probes and cords and batteries being dead (with those tiny screws on the battery compartment) every time I go to use it.

Why are your batteries always dead? My batteries seem to last forever. I even (accidentally) left it on for 3 days straight and batteries were still good.

You are turning it off between use?

Well it's about dam time!!!

J/K - - - looking good. But I was actually expecting to see grilled laptop as your 1st cook. :shock:

it's sort of a pain with the probes and cords and batteries being dead (with those tiny screws on the battery compartment) every time I go to use it.

Why are your batteries always dead? My batteries seem to last forever. I even (accidentally) left it on for 3 days straight and batteries were still good.

You are turning it off between use?

I may have been exaggerating on the battery thing.  I'm a fan of hyperbole to get my points across.   In fact, I don't think I've even gone through one set of batteries yet, but I had a bit of a time getting that battery flap off the first time, so I guess I dread dealing with it again.  The less I use it, the less I have to change the batteries, right?   :)

Great, great color on your finished chicken! So how did you like your first Kamado experience overall?

I love this kamado cooking!  I can't get enough.   My next investment is a $50 bag of Fogo.  (Amazon points again!!!!)  I think I'm even going to take a frozen turkey out of the deep freeze for next week.  Should free up some room for a Costco run!  I was telling my wife about the pizza, which seems to have gotten her on board with my obsession.  A woman at my work gave me some Kiln fire bricks from a pottery studio, I may use them to prop up the pizza stone closer to the dome.  I'm sure I'll take photos!

Mapett-- man that looks good. Looks like you are well on your way to turning out food that people who don't own a kamado can only dream about. Funny how some wives (mine included) need to be won over, but you got her on board early. It seems self-evident that meat + smoke + beer = goodness. Congrats and looking forward to seeing future cooks.

dh

Great, great color on your finished chicken! So how did you like your first Kamado experience overall?

I love this kamado cooking!  I can't get enough.   My next investment is a $50 bag of Fogo.  (Amazon points again!!!!)  I think I'm even going to take a frozen turkey out of the deep freeze for next week.  Should free up some room for a Costco run!  I was telling my wife about the pizza, which seems to have gotten her on board with my obsession.  A woman at my work gave me some Kiln fire bricks from a pottery studio, I may use them to prop up the pizza stone closer to the dome.  I'm sure I'll take photos!

Ah, the words of a true addict! "turkey, costco run, wife approval, kiln bricks, dome, photos..."

Mua, ha, ha. We hooked another one.