John Setzler

BBQ Accessories: THE REALLY RIGHT STUFF

Tw8060 on it's way to me. Will review on arrival.

I should have done a bit more research. Didn't realize it does not have a timer.

2 options are:

1. Use your cell phone

2. Buy one of their timesticks. I bought a single one from them right before the trio came out. I'd get the trio and you can keep it with you and use it for all kinds of things.

BTW, what probes did you buy with it?

I have the timer from my old unit so ive been using that. I got the higher heat probe. It's a bit bigger than I thought. The unit itself is great. Very happy.

In looking at the Amazon ratings for both the ThermoPop and the ThermaPen the rating are consistently 5 star.

I can attest to Thermoworks Customer Service. I had a house guest run my Thermopop through the dishwasher (battery and all), and then when she realized her mistake, she powered it on to see if it would work, when it was still wet. It went south pretty quickly from there.

I called them up, was completely honest with them about how it happened, and they basically said "Well, looks like you've only had it a few weeks. Is the red one still the one you want? Okay! I'll have one sent out right away!"

Customer service with Thermoworks made me a lifetime customer.

In looking at the Amazon ratings for both the ThermoPop and the ThermaPen the rating are consistently 5 star.

I can attest to Thermoworks Customer Service. I had a house guest run my Thermopop through the dishwasher (battery and all), and then when she realized her mistake, she powered it on to see if it would work, when it was still wet. It went south pretty quickly from there.

I called them up, was completely honest with them about how it happened, and they basically said "Well, looks like you've only had it a few weeks. Is the red one still the one you want? Okay! I'll have one sent out right away!"

Customer service with Thermoworks made me a lifetime customer.

I have had mixed results.

They out right refused to do any thing for the oven thermometer timer combo in the old style. The display just went wonky and nothing would fix it. That particular unit is the square one with a sliding buttons on each side and two buttons for the up and down. This unit has been sold with all kind of names on it. I have three of them and each has a different  name on it.. Two are at least ten years old and used daily as a timer and still work fine. The TW one was about a year and a half old when it went.

On the other hand some of the parts on the read out on the Therma Pen stopped working. I got a return authorization and paid shipping to them. They sent a new one for $5 shipping. That Therma Pen was at least 10 yers old.

71n1gSo2vcL._SL1500_.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ItsGriffff
      Hey Kamado Fans,

I've recently inherited a antique Kinurra Yaki Kamado size #5 from my grandfather who purchased it new in the late 1950s while overseas. It is still factory wrapped, with cardboard padding around it, and rope holding all the pieces together. This thing is as good as it gets. It's currently in Burke, VA and I'm looking to sell it. If anyone is interested please email me: parkergriffo@gmail.com

Cheers!

-Parker

• By TheGHole
      Made these Jack and Coke chicken thighs last night, recipe courtesy of http://howtobbqright.com/2016/10/07/jack-coke-chicken-thighs/.  Turned out incredible!  Meat was super rich and juicy, the skin tighten up with the ultra flavorful tacky glaze, and they even formed up pretty nice.  I served them with some sweet corn on the cob, pasta salad with fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, and some other things, and a mustard vinaigrette butter lettuce salad.

My only recipe modifications were that I used peach preserves instead of pineapple because I couldn't find pineapple, and I used half the brown sugar that the recipe said in the glaze because my all purpose rub has some sugar and the one he uses does not.  Next time, I would make the glaze slightly less salty to let some of the other notes shine through a bit more, and I might put a little less wood one before smoking.  Overall very happy with how these turned out and encourage y'all to try it!

Please let me know if you have any tips or questions...I'm always trying to get better!

• By pmillen
      Ingredients
      1 Pkg. Costco Country Style Ribs
      Marinade Ingredients
      1 cup white distilled vinegar
      ¼ cup ketchup
      ¼ cup apple juice
      3 tablespoons Light brown sugar
      1 tablespoon kosher salt
      1 teaspoon hot sauce (tapatio)
      1 teaspoon ground pepper
      1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions
      1.   Cut the pork into golf ball sized chunks and marinate it for 24 hours
      2.   Preheat your kamado to 300°F with your favorite smoke wood chunks added
      3.   Grill the pork until the internal temperature is about 205°F and the pork chunks probe tender (about an hour)
      4.   Consolidate the pork chunks into throw-away pans and cover them with BBQ sauce
      5.   Return the sauced chunks to the kamado to set the sauce

Marinating

On the kamado with heat deflectors below

Light blue smoke at 297°F

Out of the kamado and ready for sauce

Consolidated, with 2 different sauces

I have a photograph of the finished product but adding it exceeded the 14.65MB limit.

• By Daz
      Hi Everyone, it has been a while since my last post ( I think it was the pizza ring I made for the Akorn Kamado). Well, I finally get around to finish up the camper power box for our TempMaster controller. I found these 12V Li-ion battery packs from Amazon works great (6000 mAh for 10+ hrs) and can be charged with our AC adapter for the controller. The box now can hold the controller, battery, vent hose and 3 probes. I'll make a DIY blog on our website. It's Plano Ammo Box (Made in USA!) with cutouts on the side for hose and probes. Now you can do ribs in a weber go anywhere for 4-5 hours unattended. Let me know if you have any questions. Here in Hawaii there is no power at camp grounds, so I made this box with a 12v UPS backup battery in it to power the controller off grid. But I found I use it all the time even at home. The Lead Acid battery was heavier and required a car battery charger to charge so I didn't make it into a product. But now with the Li-ion battery this box can pack all the accessories, just grab 'n go! It's available on our website at BBQube.us
      Aloha and happy grilling!

• By Everyday Life with Steve
      This past weekend, I did a spatchcock chicken on the Pit Boss.  It was some of the juiciest chicken I've had and it came out really good.

Spatchcock Chicken on the Pit Boss Kamado