Charcoal Addict

Jumping Jack Honey BBQ Chicken on the Island Grill Stone & Joe

Here's some pics from Tonight's Jumping Jack Honey BBQ Chicken cooks to perfection on the Island Grill Stone. The Chicken soaked for 24 Hours in a Honey, Lemon Juice, Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey, Fresh Cilantro, Celery Seed, Grapeseed Oil and Kamado Joe Homey BBQ rub.

The chicken received an coating of Kamado Joe Honey BBQ rub before being added to the Island Grill Stone and Big Joe running at 350 F. The chicken was seared and roasted to 155F before being pulled from the stone. The zucchini was seared on the Stainless grates before being blackened on the Island Grill stone.

Boy was this one tasty chicken dinner. Let the pics speak for themselves.

post-3283-0-98196300-1400027131_thumb.jppost-3283-0-52918400-1400027155_thumb.jppost-3283-0-94239100-1400027179_thumb.jppost-3283-0-38043400-1400027213_thumb.jppost-3283-0-08094600-1400027243_thumb.jp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Smokingdadbbq
      Had a few people who follow my Instagram ask for more information on the table shown in some of my pictures. 

This is the cedar table work station I built to house my large and minimax big green eggs 

so far pretty happy with it 

• By Daz
      Hi all, we made a little video about cooking frozen pizza from stores. It was a fun lunch at work. When I first made the pizza ring 2 years ago there weren't many frozen pizzas in the stores, most are thick crust. but now...wow, they got their own aisle. So we dust off the pizza ring and made pizza lunch at work. 
      We tested more than 8 different brands of pizzas, and Newman's thin crust cooked best in the Akorn Kamado, California kitchen's Sicily pizza had a perfect dough/topping ratio, and even the cauliflower dough tasted good from the stone. The stone was kept around 450 - 500, anything higher may burn the dough without full cook the toppings. So on thicker dough keep the stone under 400 will be a good idea.
      Talking bout the stone, we used Rockheat we bought from Amazon, I'd recommend it. simple but smart handle design. We're working on a pizza stone with a digital thermometer built in, then you won't need the Infrared gun to read the stone temperature. I can probably program our controller to keep the stone temperature consistent. 
      https://bbqube.us/Turn-Your-Akorn-Kamado-into-an-Italian-Pizza-Oven-with-Kamado-Pizza-Ring_b_2.html
    • By ItsGriffff
      Hey Kamado Fans,

I've recently inherited a antique Kinurra Yaki Kamado size #5 from my grandfather who purchased it new in the late 1950s while overseas. It is still factory wrapped, with cardboard padding around it, and rope holding all the pieces together. This thing is as good as it gets. It's currently in Burke, VA and I'm looking to sell it. If anyone is interested please email me: parkergriffo@gmail.com

Cheers!

-Parker

• By TheGHole
      Made these Jack and Coke chicken thighs last night, recipe courtesy of http://howtobbqright.com/2016/10/07/jack-coke-chicken-thighs/.  Turned out incredible!  Meat was super rich and juicy, the skin tighten up with the ultra flavorful tacky glaze, and they even formed up pretty nice.  I served them with some sweet corn on the cob, pasta salad with fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, and some other things, and a mustard vinaigrette butter lettuce salad.

My only recipe modifications were that I used peach preserves instead of pineapple because I couldn't find pineapple, and I used half the brown sugar that the recipe said in the glaze because my all purpose rub has some sugar and the one he uses does not.  Next time, I would make the glaze slightly less salty to let some of the other notes shine through a bit more, and I might put a little less wood one before smoking.  Overall very happy with how these turned out and encourage y'all to try it!

Please let me know if you have any tips or questions...I'm always trying to get better!