Kamado Guru Family Portraits

rwalters

Hoping to start an ongoing thread that'll allow us to get to know one another a bit better. Some of us have been here awhile, while others have recently jumped onboard. I realize that most forums on the net are filled with like-minded people that don't know a lick about the people they converse with...I suggest we do what we can here to change that...

As I start this thread, it is my hope that most, if not all of you will introduce us to you and your family through a "family portrait." And, of course anything else you want to share would just be gravy as we get to know the men/women behind the "posts."

I'll start.

This is my family. My wife and I (going on 20 years), along with our 7 (yes, 7) daughters... 6 through adoption. Yep, I am outnumbered big time!! And yes, it's challenging and rewarding at the same time!! However, I know that I am blessed beyond blessed, and one of the many ways that I enjoy serving them, is through providing the best possible "eatin" I can.

Soooo, who are you??

**of course this is optional...there is no pressure to post if you are uncomfortable.

Posted Image

A fine looking family indeed, rwalters.

And another great idea, as well. I guess I better get busy.

I never caught what part of the country y'all are from. For those who don't include it with their avatar, it might be nice to mention here with the picture.

Thanks!

Sacramento CA

As a forum "newbie" (less than 4 months), this is my short story:

My wife, Jean, and I have been married for 50 years and have 2 grown and married sons. One lives in Ohio and the other in Illinois. Jean and I are retired with our 2 schnauzers in Fort Myers, Florida. We hail originally from New England. I like to cook almost as much as I like to eat. I really enjoy the camraderie and esprit de corps that is found here on the Kamado Guru forum. It's like I found a home  :-D

post-4517-0-79086400-1400622451_thumb.jp

Hey guys, Jerri here.  I like this idea, and have found this forum a surprisingly enjoyable part of my life since January, I think.  Just got my Vision in December, and have never been involved in any kind of forum before but I'm sure glad I found this one.  My husband, Don, and I have been married 43 years and we have 4 children.  Our oldest son has a form of dwarfism but is a computer/math whiz and has a great job in management.  His wife is also a dwarf, and their most adorable little daughter is a treasure.  We love being a little more aware of the challenges the dwarf community faces.  They live 2 hours from us.  Our youngest son just gave us our 6th grandchild, and they love to come together at the beach, of course.  We also are touched by adoption, and give a huge shout out to rwalters for giving a good home to so many.

We moved here 9 years ago, built our dream cottage, and feel so fortunate to be able to enjoy such beauty every day.  My passion for kamado cooking is something my husband teases me about, especially wanting to know what "Smoke" is up to today, but we laugh.  Oh, and eat!  Wow!

post-4468-0-32572000-1400626894.jpg

Jerri - I love the view from your place. I used to live in Vancouver WA and I miss the PNW desperately!! At this point I'm firmly rooted in Georgia and it's not likely I'll ever go back there to live, but I hope to visit again soon. I'm trying to convince Z to spend a week exploring the San Juans with me. :) 

Kara, we often watch the news and say, "Why would anyone live anywhere else but here?"  But as I said, we feel fortunate for the privilege.  Don's parents bought these vacant lots in 1967, or we wouldn't be able to live here either.  However, before moving here we lived in an area where there were a LOT of trees, and being from Wyoming I missed the open spaces.  At least I don't feel that way here, and we have the mountains always.  Anyway, if you make a trip to the San Juans, we're kind of on your way so let us know, we'd love to have you stop by.  Might even cook for you!