Leaving Yorkshire

YorkshireGrilla

Mrs grilla and I have wanted to leave England for a while now.  Although the scenery is beautiful, the politicians are incompetent and feckless.  We are overrun with muslims. Starved by taxes, the roads are horrble and uncared for, crikey I could go on and on.

Anyhow, we have wanted to move to France for a long time, but our aged parent is 91 and we will not leave him alone.

We have never raised this desire to live a country life with no muslims and minimal state intervention.

However, today it slipped, he found out!

What did the 91 year old WWII vet say?  

He said lets go!

So off we go, I cannot think of a better thing than sitting with the old chap in the sunshine, drinking the odd glass of red...  I am blessed!

We'll make the best care home!

So we are going!

Goodbye Yorkshire

Goodbye England

Goodbye Muslims

Goodbye wanker politicians

Hello birdsong

Best of luck to you and your family, Grilla. The one thing I envy about Europeans is all the history and travel a person can absorb over there. A good friend of mine was born and raised in the UK and decided to stay over here in the US for work. He's been tying to obtain citizenship for the last ten years despite being a good, law abiding and tax paying individual. He finally has been granted legal alien status this year and is happy to have been granted the title.

Great story and you are very lucky to be able to sit and talk with the wisdom of your 91 year old parent. Cherish what you have and making new roots with the people you love can be such an exciting time. Good luck and I'll be looking for the post of where the new grilling patio is  :-D

So is it BirdsongGrilla now? I moved my Dad from the home he lived in for 60 years, to my new retirement home, when he was 97. He was a WWII vet as well, having been on the carrier Yorktown at the battle of Midway. He lived with us until he passed away at  99 years and 9 months. Hardest and the best most rewarding thing I have ever done. God Bless you for how your taking care of family. It is hard but  very worth the effort. Enjoy your new home.  :)

So is it BirdsongGrilla now? I moved my Dad from the home he lived in for 60 years, to my new retirement home, when he was 97. He was a WWII vet as well, having been on the carrier Yorktown at the battle of Midway. He lived with us until he passed away at  99 years and 9 months. Hardest and the best most rewarding thing I have ever done. God Bless you for how your taking care of family. It is hard but  very worth the effort. Enjoy your new home.  :)

It's not hard it's beautiful.  Being able to do it is the hard bit.

It's not hard it's a pleasure, I love the man.... He's a xxxxxx dude, when in Egypt a long time ago, some crazy xxxxxx tried to do bad things when  Mrs Grilla was a small person.  He shot the xxxx, without that bullet my life would be - Mrs Grilla