Cgriller64

Look what was waiting for me today

These weren't supposed to arrive until Thursday so I wasn't prepared to do a cook tonight. This is what I came up with on short notice. Fired up the Vision while thawing out a couple of 8 oz Rib Eyes under running water. In the meantime marinated some asparagus with zesty italian dressing. Sliced up some mushrooms to sauté with butter/garlic. Not too bad for a spur of the moment dinner.

For those of you who can't stand the look of unused equipment here you go.

35e91405730b5b9863302bc41e87fa0c_zps4b89

First I threw on the asparagus.

12538c37b5675fde22a84f7434e36ae2_zps6f2d

Then the steaks.

80f4d75a56300720b9169f7683382066_zps8f97

And the result.

87b631c16f530c5d5039d97ff53733b5_zps06c8

Learned my first lesson........ Don't stand in front of the grill admiring your work.

8450f856cb905f45dffd89722b03668a_zpsdf69

As you can see I pulled it just short of too late. Actually perfectly cooked for my wife's taste. Luckily kamados are forgiving and even though it was too done for my taste it was still tender and flavorful.

Thanks for taking a look.

These weren't supposed to arrive until Thursday so I wasn't prepared to do a cook tonight. This is what I came up with on short notice. Fired up the Vision while thawing out a couple of 8 oz Rib Eyes under running water. In the meantime marinated some asparagus with zesty italian dressing. Sliced up some mushrooms to sauté with butter/garlic. Not too bad for a spur of the moment dinner.

For those of you who can't stand the look of unused equipment here you go.

Posted Image

First I threw on the asparagus.

Posted Image

Then the steaks.

Posted Image

And the result.

Posted Image

Learned my first lesson........ Don't stand in front of the grill admiring your work.

Posted Image

As you can see I pulled it just short of too late. Actually perfectly cooked for my wife's taste. Luckily kamados are forgiving and even though it was too done for my taste it was still tender and flavorful.

Thanks for taking a look.

Food does indeed cook faster on GrillGrates. Your first GG meal looks pretty darn tasty from here... :-)