1 heaping tablespoon or 4 teaspoons of each:

- light soy sauce

- oil

- balsamic vinegar

- brown sugar

- Dijon mustard

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/8 teaspoon (or a pinch) ground black pepper

(This is enough glaze to coat 2 regular size pork tenderloins 2 to 3 times).

Heat 2 cups water and dissolve the sugar and salt. Mix solution with ice water. Add pork tenderloins to cold solution and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.

When ready to cook, heat kamado (or any grill) to 400° direct.

Remove tenderloins from solution, rinse and pat dry.

Mix glaze in measuring cup or small bowl. Put 2/3 of glaze into a second bowl. Using a brush, coat both sides of the tenderloins with all the glaze from the first bowl.

Place tenderloins on grill. Close lid. After 8 minutes, glaze both sides (using a clean brush and the glaze in the second bowl) and flip. After 4 more minutes, glaze top side, and cook for approximately 4 more minutes, until your desired doneness. I pulled after 8 minutes on the second side, for a total of 16 minutes, with an internal temp of 130° - 132°F in the center of the roast. Rest roast for 10 minutes before slicing. An instant read digital thermometer is highly recommended for this recipe.

I found this recipe to provide the right mix of saltiness, sweetness and tenderness. For less saltiness, reduce salt and sugar in brine to 1/3 cup each or 1/4 cup each.

udeqyqus.jpg

ragu6uza.jpg

eby8e7a3.jpg

zuhezyje.jpg

Can these be low and slowed like a brisket? if so, what is the difference in flavor?

Personally, I only do low and slow with meats that have a high fat content, such as a beef rib roast, brisket or pork shoulder. Meat with a low fat content, such as pork tenderloin and chicken breast tend to dry out when cooked low and slow. Others may have a different opinion, but this is my general rule.