Vision at Costco this year?

M. Lo

Hey! Newbie here. My husband started me down the Kamado Rabbit Hole with an innocent question: Would you like a new grill? I've heard the BGE are awesome!

Two weeks, and a bunch of obsessive online searching, later...I have settled on the Vision Classic. I know they have them at Sam's Club right now, but Costco is a) a lot closer to me and B) where I already have a membership (meaning I know I have a place to go to return it if mine happens to be a lemon). 

Anyone know if American Costco's are getting these guys in stock this year?? Have I already missed it?? 

Thanks! 

Sams Club has the SAME grill...but it has an aluminum alloy top vent, instead of stainless steel (per the Vision Grill website). I'm going to Costco today...maybe if I wish REALLY hard, I'll see a Vision Classic on the floor where I expect it to be? Maybe? LOL 

Sams Club has the SAME grill...but it has an aluminum alloy top vent, instead of stainless steel (per the Vision Grill website). I'm going to Costco today...maybe if I wish REALLY hard, I'll see a Vision Classic on the floor where I expect it to be? Maybe? LOL 

A girl can dream.....

You can always get the proper stainless vent from vision. Their customer service is outstanding. I had an issue out-of-the box with one of the bands which holds the lid to the base, they had a replacement to me in about 2 days.....

just depends on the level of your desire to join the Revolution!

Viva La Vision!

(see how I played to my username there??)

Ok, heard back from Costc.com: 

Dear Maxine,

We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

Unfortunately, the Vision Grills are no longer available.  Our buying staff reviews the possibility of reintroducing product, and we have forwarded your feedback to their attention so that they are aware of the interest.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input on this product.

Thank you,

Sue G

&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

So. Everyone write to Costco and beg them to carry the Vision again!!! 

The biggest negative about that place. As soon as you save up for a big item there you want they stop selling it.

Right??! Which has led me even further down the rabbit hole. Now I'm eyeing the Kamado Joe's...argh! 

Hey, M.Lo: while I own the Vision from Costco with the SS top vent, there are many here on the forum who prefer the vent that's on the S's Club model, claiming they do not stick as much as the SS model, although sticking has never really been a problem with mine. Regardless, I believe you can order the SS vent for around $40+ from Vision, and you could probably get a chunk of that back by selling your Sam's vent. This would still put you at nearly half the price of the KJ package... Either way, you'll be getting a great grill.

The Costco by me has 5 on the floor and a couple up on a shelf. I'm still waiting on a price drop like last August.

I tried to find that Vision with the granite table at the closest Sams but they said they don't carry it because it's hard enough to sell the regular one...

The Costco by me has 5 on the floor and a couple up on a shelf. I'm still waiting on a price drop like last August.

I tried to find that Vision with the granite table at the closest Sams but they said they don't carry it because it's hard enough to sell the regular one...

are you are down in Cali?? Guess the Kamado market up on the north end of the coast is too low for their tastes. :-P (I'm in Seattle.) 

Funny sometimes how demographics figure into what stores stock. We live in a very fast growing area south of Houston (just barely), a direct shot to the world's largest medical center up the highway. We have good schools too, so many doctors and other highly paid medical professionals live here (but 10 years ago did not), and you go to like a sports store we have and I tried to buy some good darts, all they had were the cheapest cr*p - only one step up from the soft plastic shafted ones. Same for when I wanted to get goalie gloves for kids select soccer, all they had were the $10 pair of junk ones. Seems like some areas the stores won't take a chance and sell quality merchandise they just sell low end junk because it has sold in the past in our area. We don't even have a bike store something I'm thinking of changing.

I'd grab the Sams vision myself and try it. Not sure the difference in operation between the vents. I love mine, every meal is awesome.