5 pound London broil help

Hey guru's. My mother in law wants me to cook a 5 pound London broil for Father's Day. I was looking for some help on the best way to cook it. Should I do it low and slow? Should I do a reverse sear? Should I cook it hot and fast? Also if you can add time of cook and cooking temp I would appreciate it. I have to have it ready at 6:30 tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

There will be many opinions on this, but here's what works for me.

First run a jaccard over the meat aggressively on both sides.  If you don't have a jaccard, use 2 forks to stab the meat.

Place in a ziplock bag with your favorite marinade, at least 8 but preferably 24 hours.

Grill over a medium hot fire, flipping every 2-3 minutes.  Use GrillGrates if you've got them, to prevent flare ups.

Cook to an IT of 125-130.

Remove to a cutting board dressed with EVOO, your favorite fresh herbs in fine mince, a little minced garlic,  kosher or sea salt, and ground black pepper.

Slice the meat on the bias in 1/4 inch slices.

5 pounds is a pretty heavy London Broil piece.  I'd monitor IT pretty closely with an instant read thermometer.

Hope this helps a little.

It will depend on the thickness of the meat.  Most London Broils, in my experience, are between 1.25-1.50 thick.  I would be less concerned about time than I would internal temp.  But if your steak is of average thickness, and if you prefer your meat medium rare, I can't imagine it taking more than about 4-5 minutes per side, MAXIMUM, flipping and basting as you go.