What are your other hobbies and interests?

Barbecuing and cooking in general are my main hobbies and I am also a homebrewer. I have been an avid homebrewer for over 4 years now. I also love to travel but that has become too expensive these days so I just stay home. My favorite kind of Sunday is when I have little else to do but spend the day on my back patio brewing up a batch of ale and barbecuing up some dinner for my wife and I.

I also enjoy home improvement projects, gardening and nature.

What other things besides BBQ do you all like to do?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My hobby is learning to master bread making.  Some recent examples.  Top one is most recent.  Still working on my scoring as it needs to improve as you see in baguettes photos.  

Hobbies include: Gardening (both edible & non-edible) & travel.   I read a LOT of non-fiction about our world ( I have a degree in Geography & Economics).   Needless to say, I work hard at

yea sure even i would love to   

Posted Images

You homebrewers have it made, I would love to be able to make my own beer but if the old lady found out I was buying more gear for another hobby it wouldn't be good, she just barley puts up with the BBQ.

You homebrewers have it made, I would love to be able to make my own beer but if the old lady found out I was buying more gear for another hobby it wouldn't be good, she just barley puts up with the BBQ.

Homebrewing is a lot like BBQ as a hobby. You can get everything you need to do it for $100 or less usually (not including ingredients) or you can spend thousands. My homebrewing equipment is not very extravagant. I started out with an equipment kit that cost about $80. Since that time in about 1995 I have spent maybe another $600 on upgrades. I just brew 5-gallon batches.

Besides BBQ I love to camp! We go camping as much as feasibly possible every year Last year was an off year for us though as we sold our camper and were looking to upgrade just a bit which took longer than expected. I think we had about 18 days of camping in last summer. So far this year we have 14 days booked 7 of which will be in the Smoky Mountains.

Hey certified, I love camping too but these days I'm lucky to get two weekenders per year. I mostly like to go to the high Sierra each summer and I always bring a BBQ. Camp cooking is a special love of mine. Where do you go camping?

I really enjoy cooking in the evenings when camping and this year I think I will be taking the Kamado on both of our week long trips we have planned so it will get quite a bit of camp action!

Besides smokers and grills, I have been carrying on a love afair with cars the past few years. Here's what I have currently.

80 Ferrari 308 GTSI. (Magnum PI Car)

06 Maserati Spyder (Made by Ferrari)

02 BMW Z3

02 Mercedes SL600

90 Rolls Royce Silver Spur

87 Mercedes 560 SEC

95 Mercedes E320 Cabriolet

86 Mercedes 300 SDL (Converted to run on vegatble oil)

87 Jaguar XJS12 Convertible

There are more, I'll post them when I think of them.

Surfing...longboards, well I have an 8'er and just bought an early 70's vintage classic 7'10" but my other 3 are 9'4"-9'6". I also shoot mostly handguns but recently started shooting a Ruger 10/22 rifle with scope.

Getting set to wind down a 23 year career with the same outfit. Can't wait! :D

My hobbies include having fun with my three Labradors (Chocolate, Yellow, Black) taking trips to the beach, & Smoky Mountains, college football (Nebraska), MMA, Cars, & Motorcycles.

Powerpig that's quite a list of cool automobiles.

Some of my cars and bikes.

2010 Corvette

2001 Corvette

2009 Pontiac G8GT

2006 Buick Rainier

2002 WS6 Trans Am

2001 Ford Lightning

1999 WS6 Trans Am

1997 Trans Am

1989 Pontiac 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am (only 1500 made)

2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

1997 Kawasaki ZX-11

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, it seems that folks who love to Q have many other things in common.

Of course I smoke and grill.

I also homebrew (not as often as I would like). I recently aquired a keg so I can stop messing with bottles.

Camping is something we do often. We use to go up to our land and camp but now that we built a cabin we just go up and stay there 2 or 3 times a year.

My wife and I keep a vegetable garden. So far this year we have tomatoes, onions, garlic, lettuce, kale, cabbage, brussel sprouts, potatoes, broccoli, variety of peppers, strawberries, radishes, basil and cilantro. Some of these gre over the winter and in to the spring. Some are just getting going.

I also like to tinker, I am making a wind turbine, recently put up solar panels to power my screened porch and deck.

I also like RC models and have a couple of NITRO powered 4 wheel drive monster trucks and an electric RC plane. The trucks are 1/10th scale and will run about 40mph if you can keep'em on their wheels.

Just happen to have a photo.

100_2722-1.jpg

100_2719.jpg

Other hobbies??? well, my wife and I have 6 kids...so I guess making babies is a hobby ;)

I love baseball and college football (Mean Green of North Texas)

I hit golf balls, not considering myself a player

I play guitar and write songs. About 50 pounds and 10 years ago, I was in a band called Glisten (Christian Rock). You can still get our Album "Starlight Wishlist" on itunes. We did the band thing full time touring and recording back at the turn of the century. good times and I was skinny.

Other hobbies??? well, my wife and I have 6 kids...so I guess making babies is a hobby ;)

I love baseball and college football (Mean Green of North Texas)

I hit golf balls, not considering myself a player

I play guitar and write songs. About 50 pounds and 10 years ago, I was in a band called Glisten (Christian Rock). You can still get our Album "Starlight Wishlist" on itunes. We did the band thing full time touring and recording back at the turn of the century. good times and I was skinny.

Wow....you and your wife are busy. I have 3 children. Son 24, Daughter 23 & Son 20. My oldest is in Lima, Peru doing some volunteer work, my daughter is a personal trainer...(she loves some of my cooking), my youngest son is taking up classical guitar at the University of Windsor here in Canada.

Been bbq now with charcoal for about 2 years, love camping and was involved with Scouts Canada for 10+ years...(learned alot there with living outdoors), now the wife and I love to just take off and travel in the summer for the 2 weeks I have off at work.