What are your other hobbies and interests?

Beerbeque

I was big into rabbit hunting,untill I had my left knee replaced two yrs ago.I sold my four beagles,but thinking about getting another pair.Even though I can't walk much,I want my six yr old grandson,to enjoy the sport.Nothing like hearing them hounds,burning up a wabbit.I don't deer hunt much anymore,just can't sit for hrs.I was big into bass fishing,had a sixteen ft procraft,with a 140 on it.I made our state team in 1987,where we fished against eleven other teams.Because of my bad knees,I took early retirement.So now,i just work around the yard,& play on my grill & smokers.Oh yeah,love them NY Yankees,& nascar.

Oh boy... I used to have many:

Sailing (own a 40ft Benetau oceanis sailboat)

Martial Arts (BB in Tang Soo Do)

Skeet shooting

Motorcycles (Harley, '02 Heritage Classic)

Fishing

Pistol shooting

Grilling / cooking and ... eating (not always in this order)

Then I got married, relatively late (we are expecting a baby soon) and now ...

I grill.

My hobbies are anything cheap or free!

Hiking, camping, going to the beach, biking, roller blading, skiing, volleyball and baseball for the outdoor stuff. I love tinkering on motorcycles and cars, woodworking and landscaping, and in general being outside. I enjoy all aspects of cooking, and I do all the cooking at home (and baking too). I hate watching TV and frankly dont care for the movies, but I like watching movies.

I play the drums and Dj as well as produce electronic music.

Ive had my share of cars but stopped worrying about a fast car when I got married 2 years ago, and now I have an 04 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon I bought with cash and I love it for all that outdoor stuff.

But most of all I love getting together with family, especially for dinner.

I'm a hobby drifter :lol: I take up a hobby and go full throttle until I burn out. I used to play a lot of golf, but have basically just given up the game. I even live in a community with a Fred Couples designed course. I started brewing in the early 1990s, but took about a 12 yr vacation while the kids were young. I'm back into that again and have some fancy equipment now that I'm kinda old (51) and have some disposable income. I also went through the car stage and owned four Lotuses: 1989 Esprit SE, 1995 Esprit S4S, 1970 Type 65 Europa Gordini and a Type 47. The 47 was a factory-built race car and one of only 55 built. I sold it for considerable $$ a few years ago to a private collector and that's all I can say about that. I'd love to have it back, but that will never happen. The Type 65 Europa was also a racer. I went through an RC phase and had/have planes and helis. I still have three helicopters that I occasionally fly/crash. I was also really into home theater and built a dedicated cinema in our basement. That consists of a 110" 16:9 screen, two tiers of seating, lots of acoustic treatments and the equivalent of one of those Lotus cars I listed above in equipment. We still have that, but I don't consider it a hobby now and I definitely don't obsess over it now like some guys on the AVS forum do. Now, I'm into wooden boats and I have two woodies that I keep at a lake in the mountains. I'd love to build a wooden sailboat, but we don't have the space at our dock for that. I'm also getting back into sculling (rowing) which will help with my aching back and growing gut. I don't consider grilling/smoking/cooking a hobby, but after my Kamado arrives, I may. I seem to spend a lot of time reading about these things.

I'm a hobby drifter :lol: I take up a hobby and go full throttle until I burn out. I used to play a lot of golf, but have basically just given up the game. I even live in a community with a Fred Couples designed course. I started brewing in the early 1990s, but took about a 12 yr vacation while the kids were young. I'm back into that again and have some fancy equipment now that I'm kinda old (51) and have some disposable income. I also went through the car stage and owned four Lotuses: 1989 Esprit SE, 1995 Esprit S4S, 1970 Type 65 Europa Gordini and a Type 47. The 47 was a factory-built race car and one of only 55 built. I sold it for considerable $$ a few years ago to a private collector and that's all I can say about that. I'd love to have it back, but that will never happen. The Type 65 Europa was also a racer. I went through an RC phase and had/have planes and helis. I still have three helicopters that I occasionally fly/crash. I was also really into home theater and built a dedicated cinema in our basement. That consists of a 110" 16:9 screen, two tiers of seating, lots of acoustic treatments and the equivalent of one of those Lotus cars I listed above in equipment. We still have that, but I don't consider it a hobby now and I definitely don't obsess over it now like some guys on the AVS forum do. Now, I'm into wooden boats and I have two woodies that I keep at a lake in the mountains. I'd love to build a wooden sailboat, but we don't have the space at our dock for that. I'm also getting back into sculling (rowing) which will help with my aching back and growing gut. I don't consider grilling/smoking/cooking a hobby, but after my Kamado arrives, I may. I seem to spend a lot of time reading about these things.

Nice set of hobbies.

I never really got in to the cars although at one point I did own 3 Opel GT's. Only 1 ran and the other 2 just for parts. I kinda want to get one again, the driver seat fit like a glove.

I wasn't really in to R/C planes but I do have one that I never fly but my youngest son is bugging me to do that and he wants to help me launch one of my rockets. (I make my own rocket fuel and engines) I did get in to R/C nitro monster trucks and have a few setting around. I do home brew but it isn't a passion, been getting in to cheese making recently. I'm going to have to make some cheese and smoke it on the AKORN! FRESCA is all I have done so far.

We are building an off-grid cabin in the mountains currently - that takes more time than you might imagine.

I would have to say that right now my hobbies are: Alternative energy (built a wind turbine from scratch; built solar array from off the shelf parts), gardening and food. The rest of it I enjoy but not like the 3 above.

I do quite a bit of bass fishing on the weekends.. Mix in a couple rounds of golf each month and shoot some guns at our 300 acre ranch where we have the cows and all that.

I am also currently building a 64 ford falcon to add to my collection of other cars : 02 SS camaro, 99 Z28 camaro, 66 nova, 56 Chevy next in line

I kinda drift thru hobbies also. The one that has lasted all my life is a love of guns - but I've lately sold off most of the collection. Used to hunt a lot - mostly to be alone in the woods. Had a Yamaha Rhino that was great for "exploring" but it got tiresome after my brother had some strokes and there was no one to BS with. Still have a bass boat, but haven't put even 10 hours on it since I got it. Started doing a lot of cooking when I retired 3 years ago -it's fun and virtually unlimited. Recon mostly I like learning new things.

Oh yeah - and following the football Razorbacks.

Go Hogs!

• 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MichelleJoshua said:

My other hobbies are not similar to yours. However, I like to collect different type of Japanese Kabuki masks. They come from the ancient Japanese mythology. It was weared by the Japanese warriors to frighten their enemies.

I'm intrigued. Post some pictures - would love to see some of your masks. 

19 hours ago, MichelleJoshua said:

My other hobbies are not similar to yours. However, I like to collect different type of Japanese Kabuki masks. They come from the ancient Japanese mythology. It was weared by the Japanese warriors to frighten their enemies.

hi my name is SharonAmanda and i'm a housewife and mother of two sons and one daughter and i love watching movies and besides it i alos love to collect different kind of skull like bull skull, camel skull, buffalo skull , ram skulls etc because they're madeup of real animal bones and its really sounds good to me because i use it for decorating my house and for different staff.

Retro-Bull-Skull-Head.png

Real-Cat-Skull.png