I will give this a go and let you know. Sounds outstanding!!!

Thanks, man.

I'm actually about to make a batch of it in an hour or so.   Gameday eats.

Update:    This batch was just made and will enjoyed throughout todays game.  We are hosting the Tarheels and hope to send them packing and crying all the way back to Chapel Hill.

B4GxzN2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well......had my parents and sister's family over for a Christmas visit.

My wife told me to make batch of the chicken dip....but to make if for folks that don't like spicy food.

Huh?     Wut ?     Not spicy?

Turns out it was easy to do......and it still tasted great.

My nephew came in and started asking a lot of questions about what I was doing.  Turns out he wanted to get involved and was amazed at his interest and knowledge level.  He's clearly been paying attention to what my sister does in the kitchen.  She is the best cook I've ever known.  The gal rules in the kitchen.  

Later, my nephew joined me outside on the grill.  Little guy was all about it, too.  He's clearly been paying attention to my brother-in-law when they grill out.

13S6xaM.png

We made it "non-spicy" by not using jalapeño peppers, but substituting green onion.  Color looked about the same.

I usually use 50/50 of these two:

P9Ey7i3.png

This time we used 100% Sweet Chili.

Everyone seemed to love it because it disappeared over the course of the afternoon.

My personal servings were kicked up a notch with some of this great tasting sauce.......I guess I've evolved a bit.....being able to reach a broader group of palates but still find my smokey heat flavor.

QQG1ipo.png

Dub do you know the scoville # for the Iguana Sauce?

I don't.....but it can't be very high.

Just a nice smokey, yet sweet flavor in this bottle.

It's nowhere to be found on this website:

http://www.hotsauce.com

They've got it going on in there, too.

Wait one......they do sell it....

http://www.hotsauce.com/Iguana-XXX-Pretty-darn-Hot-Habanero-p/1853.htm

They give this on "three flames" which is a wide range on their scale.....their scale goes from "one flame" to "5 flames".

HotSauce.com Scoville Chile Flame Scale Pepper & Extract Varieties Flame Rating

Scoville Heat Units (SHU)

Chile de Arbol, Manzano hoticon_new.gifhoticon_new.gifhoticon_new.gif 15,000 - 30,000 Aji, Cayenne, Tabasco, Piquin hoticon_new.gifhoticon_new.gifhoticon_new.gif 30,000 - 50,000 Santaka, Chiltecpin, Thai hoticon_new.gifhoticon_new.gifhoticon_new.gif 50,000 - 100,000      

For comparison sake...I've had this stuff and it was no fun.......no fun whatsoever.  Never again !!!!

http://www.hotsauce.com/Dave-s-NEW-Ghost-Pepper-Naga-Jolokia-Hot-Sauce-p/1987.htm

I'm a sucker for hot sauce. I can eat it til I get the hiccups. Try some of the Valentina Brand. They have hot and less hot. It's a very thick sauce that has a great flavor. It's only $1. Real Mexican stuff. It's at Walmart and most grocery stores. I like that hotsauce website

When does ECU  play?

I'm a sucker for hot sauce. I can eat it til I get the hiccups. Try some of the Valentina Brand. They have hot and less hot. It's a very thick sauce that has a great flavor. It's only $1. Real Mexican stuff. It's at Walmart and most grocery stores. I like that hotsauce website

When does ECU  play?

January 3rd.

Awesome! Looks like you found a grilling partner Dub.

For those who haven't tried this dip I recommend you give it a try it's really addictive.

Thanks.   He's a great kid in every way !!!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the recipe! I made this for a few buddies of mine for some Saturday basketball games. My wife shows up with some unannounced friends and of course they are starved.  I put out this dip and it looked like the scene from Gremlins when Billy feeds the Mogwai that plate of chicken after midnight. I was planning on having leftovers for the football games on Sunday but no such luck.  I cooked like 75 wings as well right after this came out and everyone was full from the dip.  At least I had wings leftover.  Everyone absolutely loved it.  Even my wife who hates blue cheese.  Nice work.

Thanks for the recipe! I made this for a few buddies of mine for some Saturday basketball games. My wife shows up with some unannounced friends and of course they are starved.  I put out this dip and it looked like the scene from Gremlins when Billy feeds the Mogwai that plate of chicken after midnight. I was planning on having leftovers for the football games on Sunday but no such luck.  I cooked like 75 wings as well right after this came out and everyone was full from the dip.  At least I had wings leftover.  Everyone absolutely loved it.  Even my wife who hates blue cheese.  Nice work.

That is awesome.   I'm glad it worked out well for you and your friends. :good:  Wings & this dip are some of my favorite football foods for sure.

I'm not much of a blue cheese lover, either, yet I like the dip.

• 7 months later...

Tried this recipe today in honor of football starting up.

My wife and I both thought it was a little too spicy (we are wimps). Next time I think we may do just half cup of each Frank's sauce and maybe 1 jalapeno instead of 2, just for the color.

The overall recipe and flavor is fantastic!

Tried this recipe today in honor of football starting up.

My wife and I both thought it was a little too spicy (we are wimps). Next time I think we may do just half cup of each Frank's sauce and maybe 1 jalapeno instead of 2, just for the color.

The overall recipe and flavor is fantastic!

Don't include the seeds in the jalapeño and use only the Frank's Sweet Chili Sauce and none of the Frank's Red Hot.

That's how I make it for a mild version.

My son asked for a batch of it today as it'd been at least 4 months since I made it.   Had some grilled chicken on hand and the rest of the stuff, too.    I'd smoked a butt yesterday and made him some pulled pork sliders.  Little joker ate at good sized amount of it....I'd estimate 1/3 of the batch. Claimed he'd not eaten all day.   He must have forgotten me taking him to school this morning and stopping at Bojangles.  

He said he wanted vegetables for dinner later.  Crazy metabolism.  He's probably 5% bf.

fWJQEXI.png?1

EbOWyVt.png?1

zSBwSkF.png?1

Y4B3nE5.png?1

63sUm54.png?1

WlZZYaJ.png?1

znz84hi.png?1