DerHusker

Enchiladas Verdes Con Pollo - We deliver

Our friends called and wanted to have dinner with us but I was already making enchiladas. No problem, we deliver on request. :)

Here are most of the ingredients for the Verde sauce.

14468495130_e6fa447886_z.jpg

And now on the kamado for a nice roasting.

14632200736_ed50daa17f_z.jpg

14632199426_b15d1f085b_z.jpg

When everything  is done, I skin

14468543049_e1b4cd2797_z.jpg

14651929411_f7db97f22d_z.jpg

and seed the jalapenos.

14468559568_66dcc07156_z.jpg

now into the blender with everything else for a spin with the juice of one lemon and one lime.

14652944604_6766a3cb9e_z.jpg

Now I take 2 chicken breasts I cooked up from my 6th of July party.

14675081533_b9eec5554e_z.jpg

and shred (in this case I chopped) them and add 1/2 diced onion and 1 cup of crumbled Queso Fresco.

14468713449_4921551932_z.jpg

14654779332_c70855674f_z.jpg

Pour some of the sauce in the bottom of your baking vessel and some in a bowl to dip the corn tortillas in.

13962324383_ebea9dcf7b_z.jpg

Heat up your tortillas, dip them in sauce and divide equal amounts (I used 3 heaping tablespoons each) of the chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll up.

14652940044_a75fa40d36_z.jpg

Once full cover with cheese

14654774132_0c883d9ef5_z.jpg

And place it in the kamado (at 325) for 20 minutes.

14655146045_02652e56dc_z.jpg

And it’s done. Now I covered with foil and we drove this over to our friend’s house for dinner.

14655144895_fe1297ac14_z.jpg

Here is the plated shot taken with my phone camera.

14468661950_b55a2678c4_b.jpg

Good stuff! 

Very, nice cook DH. Just wonderful. As always, Well Done  :) Is Prescott within your delivery zone?

Thanks keeper. I'm usually in your delivery area once a year when we vacation in Sedona. :)

Jeff your killing it on your Mexican cooks! Great job!

Thanks Jose. I really appreciate it. Mexican food is my favorite although Barbeque is a close second. I grew up in East L.A. and our neighbors (The Reyes's) taught my mom how to make all their favorites. When we moved back to Nebraska we went though a huge Mexican food withdrawal as there was none to be had at that time. (It was the mid 60’s) We always begged her to make us some and she finally did. We had to beg because she had to make the tortillas, the frijoles, absolutely everything herself from scratch. As you know it's a lot of work to do this. She ended up getting a job as a grocery clerk and was able to order in some of these items. From that time we got Mexican food more often. As she worked a lot she ended up teaching us boys how to make it so we could cook and have dinner waiting for when she got home. Now, unless I want to always order out or eat at a restaurant I need to make it myself. I don’t (can’t) eat it quite as fiery hot anymore but still enjoy a little heat. Anyway, thanks again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      On New Year’s Eve we had our friends over for dinner.  They were getting up early to go to the Rose Parade so the evening ended early but we still had a great time.

I made 2 pizzas. The first was a Hawaiian Pizza with red onion, black olives, Canadian bacon and pineapple.

The second was a Meat Lover’s Pizza with red onion, black olives, peperoni and Italian sausage.

Both were delicious but I have to say the Meat Lovers was my favorite.

Thanks for looking.

• By DerHusker
      Most of you who’ve been around a few years, know this is the time of year that I go full Griswold. Here’s a pic of my house from a few years ago.

It gets a little bigger every year. This year I rented a boom to put lights up in our 50’ tall Italian Cypress you can see to the left of our garage. (Sorry no photo of it this year)

Anyway, as is our family’s tradition, we host everyone on Christmas Eve for dinner and presents. In attendance were my two brothers that live here in California. They came down from the L.A. area along with my niece, my nephew and his fiancé. (in addition to my wife and I) We like to vary the meal menu each year. One year we will cook Tamales, (A So. Cal. Christmas staple) the next we’ll do Ham, then Turkey, then a nice Ribeye Roast. We hadn’t had Ham since 2016 so we settled on that.

We were quite busy making all the dinner and fixing’s, so I didn’t have a lot of time to take a whole lot of photos but here are the few that I did get. Here’s the ham on the kamado for the first few hours at 275.

Here’s a pic of the stove with the beans, carrots, potatoes and gravy on top. (Green Bean Casserole and biscuits in the oven)

Here’s the ham after the 2 hours in foil with the pineapple and cherries added for another 10 minutes at 425.

Here’s the ham on the table waiting for the rest of the fixings to join it. (It’s funny but I didn’t realize that this is almost the exact same photo from 2016)

Here’s everyone waiting to dig in.

Here the one photo I got of the food and table. (As you can see we broke out our finest plastic cups for this dinner )

Here’s what everyone looked like when I asked if they could wait for me to take more / better photos of the food.

Everything was delicious and we had a great time that evening.

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      A certain knife dealer site had so good of prices on some nice knives in BD1N stainless that I couldn’t help myself. (It’s a sickness I tell ya!) Anyway, here’s some pics of my new tools.

9” hollow edge craving knife and fork set.

6” curved boning knife.

I had a Big Poppa gift certificate I’d won in a throwdown that was burning a hole in my pocket so, I placed a couple of items I didn’t already have in my cart.

Also added 2 rubs on sale that I thought I’d use a lot.

I already used the carving knife for Christmas Eve dinner with my family and hope to use the other items real soon.

Thanks for looking.

• By DerHusker
      We spent Thanksgiving with good friends and neighbors and their family. We were tasked with providing the dressing and a pecan pie. The pie we bought from Costco but for the dressing I made my favorite Cranberry, Apple and Walnut dressing.
      (Recipe can be found here:
      Here are most of the ingredients.

Melted the butter and sautéed the onions and celery.

Combined the cranberries, apple and walnuts.

After the butter, onions, celery, apple cider and chicken stock had simmered 10 minutes I stirred it into the dry dressing and spread it out into the baking/serving dish.

I covered this with AF and cooked it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees and then uncovered it. I cooked for another 25 minutes at 350 and this is the results.

Here are some pics of the rest of the dinner entrée’s that we enjoyed.
      Mashed potatoes.

Miscellaneous sides.

White meat plate.

Dark meat plate.

My plate.

We had a great time of food and fellowship. Hope you all had a great day as well.
      Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      So my work had a Chili Cookoff contest and I decided to join in on the “fun”. I put fun in parenthesis because I had to make the chili on Tuesday after work and didn’t get done until it was 9:00. I then had to wait until it cooled off enough to put it in the fridge. So I’m in bed at 10:15 and the alarm is set for 4:30. This so I can shower and get everything ready and make the drive up to the L.A. area on Wednesday. I made a White Chicken Chili called Chili Blanco. I used a recipe from All Things BBQ. (Here's a link to his video:  https://www.atbbq.com/thesauce/chili-blanco/)

I tweaked the recipe a little. Here are the ingredients I used with my tweaks in red.
      ·         2 lb chicken, boneless breasts or thighs (I used 4 boneless breasts)
      ·         Carne Asada Seasoning (I used Fajita seasoning)
      ·         2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
      ·         1 large yellow onion, diced
      ·         3 Anaheim chiles, seeded, diced (I used 2 Anaheim and 1 Poblano)
      ·         1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
      ·         1 tbsp All Purpose Rub
      ·         1 tbsp ground cumin
      ·         1 tsp Mexican oregano
      ·         4 cloves garlic, minced
      ·         3 tbsp unsalted butter
      ·         1/4 cup flour
      ·         2 (15 oz) cans of great northern beans, drained, rinsed
      ·         1 quart unsalted chicken stock
      ·         1 cup heavy cream (I used Caciqui Crema Salvadorena)
      ·         8 oz cream cheese, cubed
      ·         1 bunch cilantro, minced
      ·         4 oz (1 cup) pepper jack cheese, grated

Didn’t have time for a fully documented cook photo spread but here is what I did get. I had taken some chicken I had in the freezer and thawed it out. Assembled most of my spices (some I didn’t use) and the chicken.

Sliced al the breast in half to increase the surface area

and then sprinkled on the fajita seasoning.

I grilled the chicken on my preheated Grill Grates I got from BPS.

Brought then inside to cool

while I started prepping the veggies and other ingredients.

Onion and Poblano diced

and now the Anaheim’s added.  

I took all this out and placed it in my 9 Qt. Dutch oven to sauté. This is where I was pushing for time and quit taken all the pictures that slow down the cooking process. I did get one of the final results.

I really liked the flavor and heat profile of it. It had some heat, but the heat was flavorful and not just hot. My wife also liked it but indicated it was just a little to hot. (She still ate it 2 days in a row) I didn’t win the cookoff but came in 3rd. This is a little different that what everyone was used to. The traditional chili’s won but I did get a lot of complements on it.

Thanks for looking