SmoovD

Royal Oak on sale at TSC

Ok, here is the method I used a few months ago to take advantage of the Walmart RO sale.

Print out out the ad from TSC. Take it to you local Home Depot. Home Depot has a price match + 10% off. You will end up with 18.8 lb bag of RO for 7.20 per bag. If I did not still haven12 bags in my basement I would go buy a pallet at that price.

http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/9798-how-much-ro-can-i-fit-in-my-prius/?hl=prius

Ok, here is the method I used a few months ago to take advantage of the Walmart RO sale.

Print out out the ad from TSC. Take it to you local Home Depot. Home Depot has a price match + 10% off. You will end up with 18.8 lb bag of RO for 7.20 per bag. If I did not still haven12 bags in my basement I would go buy a pallet at that price.

http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/9798-how-much-ro-can-i-fit-in-my-prius/?hl=prius

I also benefitted from Bens method

Print out out the ad from TSC. Take it to you local Home Depot. Home Depot has a price match + 10% off. You will end up with 18.8 lb bag of RO for 7.20 per bag. If I did not still haven12 bags in my basement I would go buy a pallet at that price. http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/9798-how-much-ro-can-i-fit-in-my-prius/?hl=prius

How much do you have left?

if we had a costco KJ roadshow, I would be tempted to stock up on that lump too... $30 for 40lbs of that lump is a damn good price.

Edited by Mewantkj

Thanks for the heads up, I forgot about that place. Online it says its a closeout.. This scares me, it has been tough to find RO Lump around here lately.. Hopefully nothing is going on.. 

P.S. I may be in big trouble they have the cheap Brinkmann Vertical offset I want on sale as well, if I go in there tonight, I may be in big trouble.. 

RO has been great for me. I try to stock up in late winter/spring before anyone has a chance to sit or walk on the displays. At the Walmart near me the charcoal bags is what the employees sit on during their smoke breaks.

Good data base for reviews:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpindexpage.htm?bag

How do you guys like the RO lump?  I've heard mixed reviews.  How does it compare to KJ lump (red bag is all I've tried) or the BGE lump?

I have noticed a definite difference between RO and KJ lump (red bag)  KJ burns longer and hotter in my experience.  If you consider the following non-sale prices KJ 20 lbs / $20 and RO 18.8 lbs/12.97 (home depot) or 10.XX at RD, I would say that price difference accurately reflects the difference in heat output pound for pound.  If you can find better prices than I am listing as non-sale, I would consider that a deal and snap it up.

I have not used the KJ brown bag, picking some up is on my todo list.  people have said good things about it.  

How do you guys like the RO lump? I've heard mixed reviews. How does it compare to KJ lump (red bag is all I've tried) or the BGE lump?

I've not tried the BGE, the RO is good considering how cheap you can get it, but it's not even close to KJ red bag. The KJ red lasts much longer and you can get a hotter fire with it. I'm starting a RO rock collection with all of the rocks I've found on it.

Print out out the ad from TSC. Take it to you local Home Depot. Home Depot has a price match + 10% off. You will end up with 18.8 lb bag of RO for 7.20 per bag. If I did not still haven12 bags in my basement I would go buy a pallet at that price. http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/9798-how-much-ro-can-i-fit-in-my-prius/?hl=prius

if we had a costco KJ roadshow, I would be tempted to stock up on that lump too... $30 for 40lbs of that lump is a damn good price.

I have about 6 bags left right now.

How do you guys like the RO lump? I've heard mixed reviews. How does it compare to KJ lump (red bag is all I've tried) or the BGE lump?

I've not tried the BGE, the RO is good considering how cheap you can get it, but it's not even close to KJ red bag. The KJ red lasts much longer and you can get a hotter fire with it. I'm starting a RO rock collection with all of the rocks I've found on it.

I have about 6 bags left right now.

freddy,  have you tried any of the KJ brown bag?

I have not used the KJ brown bag, picking some up is on my todo list.  people have said good things about it.

It's pretty good stuff Ben, I've burned through about 1/2-3/4 a bag this week in the junior kind of reminds me of RO; better sized pieces but not like the red bag.

It's pretty good stuff Ben, I've burned through about 1/2-3/4 a bag this week in the junior kind of reminds me of RO; better sized pieces but not like the red bag.

too bad...