• Similar Content

• By Michiganian22
      Hello Gurus!

I am looking to sell my Kamado Joe Big Joe I, red color.
      I am the original owner and bought it in 2015.

It is available for pick-up in Tampa Bay, FL. $700 OBO

Thanks!

• By Jnoles
      Just bought a Kamado Joe Classic II about 5 days ago. Love almost everything about it so far but there is one thing that has me a bit concerned. The hinge seems to be making an audible creaking noise both when being opened and closed. I didn’t notice this at all when I first bought the cooker. Didn’t really seem to notice until after the 2nd cook or so. Is this a common sound with the grill, or something that will go away with time, or is this something I should be investigating? Hinge seems to work fine. I did tighten it to fine tune it but other than that it’s just the sound. 
    • By buckleybj
      Today was just one of those days... Went to the store looking for what I wanted to cook up this weekend and Ribeyes were on sale. Thankfully the butchers were still around so I asked for some thick ### steaks to help bring a smile to my face. I think the butcher was just as happy to prepare the steaks for me as I was watching her cut them up and wrap them. I may have been drooling a bit and giggling like a 12 year old girl, but that's neither here or there.

Went with a reverse sear for these babies, setting up the coals on the Big Joe to one side and cooking the steaks indirect to an IT of 130. After I pulled them off, I opened the top hue and let the temps get up to 600 so I could get a nice sear. Sorry for not adding the "money shot" once we cut into those bad boys I was too busy eating to take any pictures.

• By odamaK
      So, I got my Joetisserie and began to look for a replacement motor in case after a year my motor failed. The joetisserie motor is .model RM-A101, and conveniently enough Onlyfire has the exact same model number motor that looks identical. Here is the link on Amazon for Canada, same item would be for the USA. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Universal-Replacement-Stainless-Rotisserie-Aftermarket/dp/B00X7RKFWG/ref=asc_df_B00X7RKFWG/?tag=googlemobshop-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=293002225578&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1174210165666426299&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000793&hvtargid=pla-502873780552&psc=1&th=1

I ordered by both, and the stainless is going back, it does not match for reasons below. 

Now this says it's rated for 20lbs and is 4 watts just like the Kamado Joe one except the kamado Joe says 50 lbs. which I find odd. 

Also the stainless steel one on Amazon is a RM-A201 and the bolt pattern does not .match the Kamado Joe plate if you have to swap plates. 

The description says it has anti backlash gears.

It's not stronger for those looking for more power but this will allow you to swap adaptor plates and have a backup motor in case your motor dies during a spin possibly and this will get you back up and ruunnig. It's cheap insurance.  

Can't upload photos from where I am but will try later. 

Oh the joetisserie cord is longer. 
    • By Lamont
      I’m having this issue where my lid will not stay open. My joe is 2 weeks old. It’s the 2017 version. I’ve tried reading online to find a fix and I’m just stuck

what I have tried to do so far is hold the bottom bolt and take the top but and screw it counter clockwise(doing it is just weird and awkward ). The top and bottom never touched but they got close. I figured I wasn’t doing anything when I noticed nothing had change. 

Can an anyone be if any help. I’ll even trade you one of my recipes