• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      Carne Asada Tacos are one of my favorite things to make and eat. I make them at least once a month and sometimes many more than that. Today I started by making a fresh batch of Pico de Gallo.

Recipe is here:

https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/31022-pico-de-gallo-my-way/?tab=comments#comment-414993

I then took a package of marinated skirt steak

and cut it into manageable sizes and placed it on the kamado.

I cooked it approximately 6 minutes per side until it developed a little char on it and here is the result.

I cut these up into taco size pieces across the grain and made up 3 tacos served with Negra Modelo, some sliced radish and a grilled yellow pepper.

Muy Delicioso!

• By CentralTexBBQ
      Tonights Dinner- having another couple over- going healthy as I need to lose weight and he is on the heart transplant list. So, low sodium, substituted much of the butter with avacado oil, etc. Anyway, chicken breast, salmon, salad and my 'what is it' dish of sweet potatoes, carrots, mango, korean cinnamon and brown and turbanado sugar- all cooked on the Big Joe. Sorry, we were half-way through dinner when I remembered to take the final pics.

• By DerHusker
      I was going to make tacos today even before I knew of the NFL Kickoff Speed Challenge so I took some pics with my phone camera. (Just like I would if I was tailgating) I buy this pre-marinated skirt steak at Costco and usually have 2 or 3 in the freezer at any one time.

It makes up some delicious taco fixings and can be done from start to finish in under 30 minutes. (I know this is so as I have timed myself. (Assuming you’ve made up the Pico de Gallo in advance) See link: https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/28310-carne-asada-tacos-in-under-30-minutes/#comment-379507)
      I had made up a batch of Pico de Gallo. (See link for recipe: https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/31022-pico-de-gallo-my-way/)

I lit up the kamado

and unpackaged the skirt steak. Sometimes they come in two pieces and other time them come out as one long piece like this.

I cut it up so that it would fit on the half that I had a fire going on.

Flipped.

I warmed up some corn tortillas.

Once it was done I cut it up into smaller size pieces so I could cut it against the grain. (Important to do with skirt steak)

Brought it inside and cut it into taco size pieaces.

And plated up one of my favorite meals.

Delicious!
      Thanks for looking.
    • By RV Man
      Ingredients
      1 boneless chicken breast
      1/2 green, 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow bell peppers
      1 anaheim chile
      1/2 large red onion
      2 roma tomatoes
      6 tbsp Santa Maria Seasoning
      1/4 cup vegetable oil
      6 Tortillas, flour or corn
      Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado slices for garnish
      2 pickled jalapeños, seeded and diced, for garnish (optional for heat)
      Directions 
      Cut chicken into roughly 1/2 x 1/4 in strips, place in mixing bowl and sprinkle with 4 tbsp SM seasoning.  Allow to marinate for 1 hour while preparing grill.
      Cut seeded peppers and chile into strips, cut 1/2 onion into slices and cut tomatoes into 1/8 wedges, sprinkle with 2 tbsp SM seasoning, just prior to starting cook.
      Light 2 firestarters in Kamado Joe with lower vent fully open and top up for 10 minutes.  Place x-wing accessory in lower position with cast iron wok in the middle circle.  Close lid and open top vent 1/3, with flywheel fully open until temp is stable at 400 deg.  Burp grill, all cooking will be done with the top up.  Add vegetable oil to wok and then chicken strips, stir continuously until opaque and starting to char, 2-3 minutes.  Remove to covered pan or bowl.  Add vegetables to wok, stirring frequently, until peppers and tomatoes are crisp/tender, and onions are translucent, about 5-6 minutes.  Add chicken strips back to wok and cook with vegetables for another 3 minutes, remove to covered pan.  Heat tortillas in lightly oiled saucepan.  Add chicken and vegetables to tortilla, garnish as desired, fold in half and eat taco-style.
       We have prepared this fajita dish several times now using our KJ cast iron wok and it is now one of our Southwest style favorites.  The keys to success are in the Santa Maria Seasoning, the high temperatures developed in the wok, and keeping the food moving continuously while cooking.  We plan on trying both beef and shrimp fajitas in the future.  

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      Yesterday I bought an extra spit and cut to same size of Joetisserie spit. Today I seasoned a prime rib roast with Kamado Joe sea salt & pepper, the Boneless skinless chicken breasts were seasoned with Kamado Joe poultry seasoning.
      I set my Kamado to reach 375 with Joetisserie in place one heat soaked and stable I put Prime Rib roast on and after 1 hr I checked internal temperature it was done. I removed then placed other spit with basket on and changed setting for 350, check temp after 20 minutes not done, checked again after 5 additional minutes. The breast when done. Enjoy the pictures, I was very happy with the result.