uRwhatUr

Thermoworks Thermopop/Mini Pocket (Open Box) $19 +shipping

**PROMOTION HAS ENDED***

I was searching around to get a pocket thermometer and came across this (Open Box) sale in case any one is interested:

http://thermoworks.com/specials/82014_open_box_sale.html?utm_source=Nl-2014Aug8&utm_medium=email&utm_term=SuperFastMini&utm_content=inbox&utm_campaign=Aug2014-Open-Box-Specials-cs

*Terms & limitations: Offer is only available directly from ThermoWorks via this private sale page or phone orders and only for shipment to destinations within North America, the Caribbean, and Central America. Not available to resellers. Offer is limited to stock on hand and only in the models and colors listed. All sales are final. After-purchase exchanges for other colors cannot be allowed. Includes 1 year warranty for manufacturing defects in operation or specification, cosmetic flaws not covered. Recently purchased new units cannot be exchanged for credit against these “Open Box” or “Refurbished” units. This Open Box Sale may be repeated in the future however it will be restricted to once or twice per year depending on availability and will be announced only to our subscriber list. Open Box or Refurbished units are not available for sale except during such Open Box Sales. We cannot predict when this offer will be made again. Stay subscribed to our email list and you will be notified of future sales.

Devin

post-6217-0-50602700-1408033076_thumb.jp

post-6217-0-90786100-1408033077_thumb.jp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By pmillen
      I’m a bit annoyed by vague recipes.  Instructions like “Add some oregano” or “Add your preferred amount of garlic” are meaningless the first time I follow a given recipe.  Moreover, charcoal cooking temperatures, like medium-high, are especially worthless to me.  I know, I know, some of you will say, “Just cook it to the proper internal temperature irrespective of the heat.”  I do, but grill heat plays an important role in meat texture and Maillard reaction production.  

So, since a medium temperature on my Kamado Joe is significantly different from the medium temperature attainable on my two-burner hibachi, I set about trying to determine if there’s an actual temperature consensus among professional cooks.  The first (and only) cookbook I reviewed is a collection of other authors’ recipes, Weber’s Greatest Hits, by Jamie Purviance.  He doesn’t differentiate between grate temperature and dome temperature, but his definitions appear to be–

High............ 450° to 550°
      Med-High.... 400° to 500°
      Med............. 350° to 450°
      Low............. 250° to 350°

So, what temperature do you use when you read Low, Medium or High?  And do you measure at the grate or dome?

BTW, I prefer grate temperature since I consider dome thermometers to be unreliable, and even if accurate, don’t tell me much about the heat surrounding the meat.
    • By Smoque'n
      Has anyone seen this new themapen any input or opinions?

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-IR
    • By BennyB
      Hi all,
      I've had a feeling that my Pit Boss temp probe was a bit out so I tested it tonight in boiling water and it taps out at around 180f (my Thermopen read 211.6f). It doesn't look like you can calibrate it - I had a look at the end and although there's a ridge that a screwdriver can go in it doesn't move.

I've seen a few people replace their gauge and Tell Tru brand pops up a lot, is there a particular model everyone recommends and where would I get it online? I'm in Australia so online is likely the only option.

Cheers,
      Ben
    • By John Setzler
      http://www.fireboard.com

*** SEE UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST ***

My inner geek is tweaking once again.  I ordered one of these Fireboard thermometer systems from All Things BBQ yesterday...

http://www.atbbq.com

I have been reading a lot of good things about this unit in the Yoder groups.  It has six probe ports where you can run any combination of ambient or meat temp probes.  Its all wifi cloud controlled and you can name each probe descriptively, graph, and save any of the collected data from a cooking session.  

I have not seen a lot of stir about this product in the kamado community, probably because it is not a pit controller.  When I spoke to the guys at ATBBQ about it, they told me that this was their top seller to ceramic owners.  I asked them about the Flame Boss since i see a lot of great feedback on that device.  They told me that they have a hard time selling that one.  

I am looking forward to testing and reviewing this unit.  My reviews will mostly be on the Yoder YS640 where i am more likely to cook multiple large cuts of meat at the same time but I will review it on the Kamado as well...

UPDATE **********  10/20/2017

The Fireboard 'drive' cable is now available.  You can use the Fireboard to control a fan and control your pit temperature.  They want $89 for the proprietary cable that will let you attach a fan, which is an additional cost of $50 if you get it from Fireboard.  

In my opinion, not worth the money to anyone who knows how to control their pit.  If you need electronic help controlling your pit/fire then, by all means, give this one a go.

• By BGWolf
      Wow! look at the latest from ThermoWorks. 

http://www.thermoworks.com/ThermaQ-WiFi