Nick2cd

Honey Garlic Wing Sauce

6 posts in this topic

i came up with this sauce for the wings i made in this thread http://www.kamadoguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1534 i thought it turned out great and wanted to share it with you guys. some of the measurements are approximate because i just added a little at a time until i felt it tasted right. you may have to adjust it a bit to your taste.

Honey Garlic Wing Sauce

3 tablespoons butter

3 fresh cloves garlic (finely minced)

1 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon of siracha hot sauce or a few dashes of cayenne pepper also works well

pinch of salt

pinch of pepper

In a small sauce pan, gently melt the butter then add the garlic and cook for about 5 minutes over low heat. add the honey, soy sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper. cook over low heat for a few minutes and you'll have a delicious sauce. the longer you cook it the thicker it gets. it will thicken significantly as it cools. enjoy!

Mewantkj, TKOBBQ and tbus227 like this

i edited the recipe to reduce the honey from 2 tablespoons to 1 tablespoon. i think 2 was a bit too much. probably the ideal is somewhere between 1 and 2. also have found that you don't want to overcook this sauce. just cook until it just begins to froth/bubble then remove from heat