Pork Loin & Apples

shmckdc

Pork was accompanied by some Granny Smith apples from our tree, cored & sliced in half. Roasted cut side down indirect at 350º for 10 minutes.  Flipped & basted with maple syrup then another 10 minutes over the fire.  We eat the things like candy :)

post-5941-0-70823100-1408662535_thumb.jp

Dadgummit shmckdc!  That's some serious grilling' you're doing back there in VA!  Congrats on some very nice cooks!

Thank you CC!  I do quite a bit of grilling that never gets posted; usually I am too distracted to remember to take pictures.  And as you've likely noticed I am not one who preapres a complete [meal] plate of food, it's usually meat, meat & more meat with the occasional high carb side :shock:   I really need to prepare better-balanced meals... 

Oh boy that looks great. I haven't had pork loin for what seems like forever. Apples and pork, classic.

Thanks Frosch!  The pork loin was quick & easy - I didn't watch the clock but it only took about 1-1.5 hours to reach temp.  Those apples are great.  I had already wolfed down 4 or 5 halves before I snapped the pic [insert pig emoticon here.]

Dadgummit shmckdc!  That's some serious grilling' you're doing back there in VA!  Congrats on some very nice cooks!

Thank you CC!  I do quite a bit of grilling that never gets posted; usually I am too distracted to remember to take pictures.  And as you've likely noticed I am not one who preapres a complete [meal] plate of food, it's usually meat, meat & more meat with the occasional high carb side :shock:   I really need to prepare better-balanced meals... 

shmckdc - I know what you mean.  Generally by the time I'm ready to park my butt in a chair and tie on the feedbag, I've sampled so much for so long, I'm not even hungry.  Thank God for my FoodSaver.  

The only problem is tha being a batchelor, I usually give more food away than I eat.  The local fire station, EMT station, the neighbors, the police station all love to see me walking through the door towing a cooler behind me!  Take care of those who take care of you.

Great looking loin and the apples ... oh I haven't had apples fresh off the tree in forever! So wonderful.

I had to laugh at the meat and carby side comment. I think it must be (mostly) a guy thing. Neither H nor Z believe that a meal is a meal unless there is meat front and center. Once the meat choice is made they usually think potatoes, pasta, or corn. 

When I point out that they really ought to have a veggie - something green maybe? - they *might* throw together a bowl of salad just to appease the nutrition gods. ;) But really ... meat and starch and they're happy. 

Great looking loin and the apples ... oh I haven't had apples fresh off the tree in forever! So wonderful.

I had to laugh at the meat and carby side comment. I think it must be (mostly) a guy thing. Neither H nor Z believe that a meal is a meal unless there is meat front and center. Once the meat choice is made they usually think potatoes, pasta, or corn.

When I point out that they really ought to have a veggie - something green maybe? - they *might* throw together a bowl of salad just to appease the nutrition gods. ;) But really ... meat and starch and they're happy.

Yea that's me - LOL

Veggies for the wife and kid but I will eat a little.