Sign in to follow this  
Dub

Simple baked chicken

Cooked inside this evening, so I wanted to get some smokey flavor from that habanero.  It did the trick without getting too hot.

c0Hjuiu.jpg

l5BSlls.jpg

Added minced garlic, portabellas,  & Don's Seasoning Delight (also used some of this DSD cooked into the rice) & some boneless chicken breasts on top.

x2KF1nL.jpg

Diner bell sounded !!!!

5JLpAtn.jpg

I added some leftover cheesy Stouffer's  casserole to the ever hungry teenager's plate.

hBthMgm.jpg

The adult version was some rice with good stuff on top and a chicken breast.

WPd13NG.jpg

Next time I'll double.......nah.....triple the amount of portabellas I use.

The Don's mixed into the vegetables and into the rice before cooking was the ticket.   Had the house smelling great.  Versatile product that I can't recommend highly enough to the fine folks here at Kamado Guru.

Those chicken breasts look beautiful - nicely browned on top. 

It must be a chicken breast kinda day. I've got stuffed ones on the grill now. 

Thanks.

The browning was an unexpected  result of the rubs used:  KJ Poultry, Dizzy Dust-coarse and Mad Hunky-wing. I got lucky. :)

Looks delicious! But I got one question where's the adult beverage? You need some suds to wash it down especially since your using habanero:)

Agreed.  Zero desire for anything other than two cups of coffee and tons of water today.  I'm gaining on the cold.  Working tomorrow and Thursday and then a good long weekend where there will be more habaneros in something an maybe a bottle of suds.

Thanks everyone !!!!

Enjoying the start to this weekend.     Chilling out for a bit and watching the latest episode of Hard Knocks.

Oyy0lbU.jpg

I'd sit down and eat at your dinner table,anytime.

And you'd be welcome, anytime, too.    :good:

I've had two boneless chicken breasts soaking in some evoo & key lime juice for two days.

Just went with some ingredients that I had on hand....vidalia onion, shiitake mushrooms, jalapeño and some Wicked Que mango rub.

mIzaGVF.jpg

It may turn out horrible.....or it may turn our decent.  Well see.   Used a basket that will allow stuff to drain off as I'll probably be putting the yardbird into a salad once done and cooled.

Idlfao5.jpg

Took 'em off when they hit 165 internal.

3RSaXU9.jpg

Chopped.....chilled......and ready to top a salad.

7utl2ZJ.jpg

M3gbCUQ.jpg

This dressing was killer on top of this combination.

FYs4bed.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Marbque
      Been vacant for awhile had to make some poppers today. Used some Cattlemens tri-tip rub in the cream cheese...

• By DerHusker
      So I entered a pie contest and wanted to share my entry over here.

Here are most of the ingredients.

Made up some graham cracker crust. After smearing my CI pie pan with some butter flavored Crisco I press in the crust.

Made up a bacon weave and placed it on the kamado.

Because I couldn’t flip the weave I placed my bacon press on the burner for 10 minutes. After it’s smoking hot I placed it on top of the weave.

While that cooks I prep my jalapeños.

On the grill they go for 15 minutes along with the pie crust for 7 minutes at 350.

After the weave is cooked I place it in the bottom of the pie crust.

Then the smoked jalapeño rings and the cream cheese pie filling.

Now the pie goes into the kamado for 40 minutes at 350.

Here is the result.

After letting it cool to room temp and then in the fridge I spread on the Raspberry Jalapeño topping.

And decorate.

Plated shots.

And this was my entry photo.

• By Dub
      This week I made two pit stops on the way home from work to a shop that sells BGE's and a nice selection of rubs.

First stop I grabbed these.

Second stop I picked up the Killer Hogs AP. I used 1/4 cup AP with 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice and it made for a really nice flavored wing seasoning.

While the coals were lighting I sliced some boneless chicken breast and hit them with the AP/5spice rub for a pan of stir fry.

The Jah Love had been mixed with peanut oil as per instructions on package....and the wings were slathered with it and had 36 hrs to soak in the fridge.

The Wicked Que rub went on at the same time.

Yesterday afternoon I bought another pack of wings and hit 'em with the AP/5spice rub just before going on the grill.

The Jah Love was good, but just what I was hoping for.  I prefer making jerk seasoning fresh and letting the bird soak in it.  That being said, it was a good flavored rub and shouldn't be expected to trump freshly made jerk seasoning.

The Wicked Que Orange Habanero was interesting for certain.  Flavor was good.  Good on the wings and had a bit of different zing to it that was good.

I didn't sauce either of those two.

The AP/5spice wings were sauced with some General Tso's sauce and were delicious.  I grabbed one off the grill and tried it prior to the saucing and really liked it.  I can easily see them being good with a wide range of sauces.  Make sense as the AP is mainly salt, garlic powder and black pepper.....what isn't good with that ? :thumb:
      Great flavors on something that was very easy to cook.   Wings are a basic staple around my house.  My family loves 'em.
    • By Dub
      Well.........Teenage T-Rex cooked grilled cheese sammiches for his girlfriend the other day.

Figured that I'd increase his capabilities by introducing a George Foreman grill.

He was game.

We took it on it's maiden voyage today for lunch.

Figured I'd make a batch of my smash burgers and run it through it's paces.

He was in the midst of each step.

Small countertop...I manned the cutting board......he manned the grill.

Usual suspects gathered....

He devoured the first thing to come off this grill.....to slices of bacon.

More followed......

Ankle-biters emerged as soon as bacon started being cooked......

The smash burgers were too large for the Foreman.......made a mess of them.

The thing cooks onions and bacon like a champ, though !!!!!!!!