Difference between Oval XL and Jack Daniels

christobol

I never seen the Jack Daniels edition but don't think there's anything major that would make getting a normal xla deal breaker. I bought mine the year before they had the JD edition and didn't see anything to name me regret me decision when it came out

The only difference is, as CharlieB points out is the price! Me, I'd rather get the plain old XL, at a regular price, and take the savings between the JD model and the regular XL, and go buy a case or two or three or ... 10 and have some fine fun!

Save your money. The JD won't cook any better or give you any more room than the regular XL.

Just my 2¢ ...

The only difference I think is the style of cart. The XL can be ordered with a cart that has stainless shelves. The JD cart has some type of composite or molded material for the shelves.

....buy the regular and then a bottle of JD and put on a steak ;)

Haha that's basically what I thought.  I usually drink other whiskeys than JD, so no desire to show off a brand I have no interest in.  It just seems like a lot of money for a simple badge on the front of a grill.  BTW I currently have a Vision Classic that was a bday gift, and after weeks of trying and not being able to get it to hold a consistent temp I'm considering returning it for a Primo.  Maybe the recent mods with high temp caulk and a CyberQ will fix the problem.

The only difference I think is the style of cart. The XL can be ordered with a cart that has stainless shelves. The JD cart has some type of composite or molded material for the shelves.

You can get the same poly cart for the XL that you can get for the JD!

Beware about the poly cart ... THERE IS NO DAMNED COVER! Primo has been proposing a cover for the past 9 months and they keep telling me it's just around the corner. I'm throwing the Bull Butter flag on that! For the life of me I can't understand why you introduce something as nice as the poly table and force me to leave my XL open to the elements! That's just a Not Ready For Prime Time marketing move!

Save your money. The JD won't cook any better or give you any more room than the regular XL.

I bet the JD edition is even less of an attraction if you’re a Maker’s Mark type of guy/gal. ^_^

So well and truly said, Wilbur!  

And I LOVE my Woodford Reserve!

• 1 year later...