not too good to be true

So, what does that have to do with his review? I'm just a little confused. Is it a region? Like Northeast, etc.

Nothing to do with the review. The review was good. It had to do with his second post that came right after the reveiew. Fans of the SEC love their teams and can get pretty passionate about them. His team is one of my teams biggest rivals so when he gave his team's cheer in the second post I figured I'd rib him a little.

So that goes in the Rib section right!

Haha. I thought about that as soon as I typed it.

So, what does that have to do with his review? I'm just a little confused. Is it a region? Like Northeast, etc.

Nothing to do with the review. The review was good. It had to do with his second post that came right after the reveiew. Fans of the SEC love their teams and can get pretty passionate about them. His team is one of my teams biggest rivals so when he gave his team's cheer in the second post I figured I'd rib him a little.

Ahh ok well now that makes sense. Yeah you start talking about the Red Sox.... and I might learn something!

I have been mulling over the vent seal technique to employ, and chilibean has thrown in a new and interesting approach that may have merits beyond the gasket or permatex methods. simple but effective and cheap to boot...I can dig it. I'm not sure what gaps marty is referring to so I'll have to take a closer look. I did pick up some copper sealent though and would use it but want to make sure I am cauking the right spots.

I have been mulling over the vent seal technique to employ, and chilibean has thrown in a new and interesting approach that may have merits beyond the gasket or permatex methods. simple but effective and cheap to boot...I can dig it. I'm not sure what gaps marty is referring to so I'll have to take a closer look. I did pick up some copper sealent though and would use it but want to make sure I am cauking the right spots.

When you have the ash trap off. Take a good look. There is a seam between the inner and outer bowl.

This is just tack welded in a few places and the paint seals the joint and hides it. Some units come from the factory with gaps and some come with nice tight joints. On some units as they are used the metal will expand between the tack welds and open a gap. I had substantial gaps and i could not get the AKORN below 350 without it going into slow shut down. When these gaps were sealed it became easy to hold 250.

If you look closely in this post you can see the red silicone oozing out of the gap in the seam.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1102

100_1635.jpg

this is a shot of the vent that I sealed with regular household aluminum foil, no name brand. I have been

testing the seal and I think it seems to increase the ability to control the temperature. In doing this,

I did not have to cut anything except the vent hole. the aluminum foil was just the right length and I did maybe 10 folds, but I lost track counting. the fold itself was maybe 2.5". just slightly longer than the vent and then you can tuck the rest of it to finish the seal. very simple and clean and it looks like it is working. props to chilibean for this cool idea.

100_1635.jpg

this is a shot of the vent that I sealed with regular household aluminum foil, no name brand. I have been

testing the seal and I think it seems to increase the ability to control the temperature. In doing this,

I did not have to cut anything except the vent hole. the aluminum foil was just the right length and I did maybe 10 folds, but I lost track counting. the fold itself was maybe 2.5". just slightly longer than the vent and then you can tuck the rest of it to finish the seal. very simple and clean and it looks like it is working. props to chilibean for this cool idea.

Thanks man.. :)

That's EXACTLY how I did mine..

The other day, I got my grill too high burning off gunk..Smoke poured out of every crack, crevice and hole on the entire grill EXCEPT where it was sealed with foil..