Emson Electric Pressure Smoker

Ronan

Probably the wrong place to post about this but here is goes anyway.

I have a vision kamado which i love to bits,but as i live in central ontario i only will use it for 1/2 a year (i may technically be able to use it all year but when the temp drops below zero and the snow is constantly falling i lake the motivation to spend any time in my back yard or outside).

So to appease my need for smoked meat all year long i bought a emson indoor pressure smoker.The idea is that you add a few wood chips and a 1/2 cup of water and it smokes and pressure cooks at the same time halving the cooking process.

One of the guys from work was giving it away so i said i would gladly give it a shot.So today seeing as it supposed to be thunder showers and generally a crappy day im going to try smoke a 3lb chicken. According to the the recipe on the website(see below)

http://emsonsmoker.com/online-recipe-book

i will have a fully cooked chicken in 45mins. Now according to the guy i got it off it cooks very moist chicken due to the steam and pressure but the skin is rubbery so i will broil it once its finished to hopefully crisp up that lovely skin.

Pictures will follow. I just have to clean it up a whole lot before i could consider putting food in ti.

Ok so  i used booty rub on the chicken with some olive oil.Put it into the emson with a 1/2 cup of water and 3 large chips of cherry wood.It took 45 mins to cook and when it came out it was super moist and the wings were starting to fall off.I put it on a skillet and put under broiler for about 5mins to crisp the skin up.It had a nice smokie taste.For the 20bucks i paid for it,it is a nice bit of kit.

post-5107-0-34236900-1409589207_thumb.jp

post-5107-0-46363800-1409589271_thumb.jp

post-5107-0-72922800-1409589322_thumb.jp

post-5107-0-83073900-1409589382_thumb.jp

post-5107-0-76125900-1409589430_thumb.jp

post-5107-0-00923900-1409589475_thumb.jp

the pro's are -being able to smoke in your kitchen
                    -smokes in 50% less of the time

-super moist and succulent meat

cons - Clean up was a pain

- obviously dose'nt smoke as well as a kamodo

- bark is non existent because of steaming