Sign in to follow this  
John Setzler

Had Dinner at Charles Vergos' Rendezvous in Memphis tonight...

post-1-0-83902200-1409885975_thumb.jpg

We started out with a sausage & cheese appetizer plate that had some sticks of cheddar and some smoked kielbasa (or something similar) that had some of their dry rub on it along with some dill pickles and banana peppers... I had a pork shoulder plate for dinner that had a mound of pulled pork with a couple toasted buns and sides of bbq coleslaw and baked beans....  

I have learned one honest fact about being a serious backyard BBQ cook (as most of us here are.)  It's hard to go out and buy BBQ that is as good as what we make at home.  This BBQ was as good as any I have ever bought though.  

You went on a good night......empty seats in the background are evident of that.

It is good Q........but we all know you can.....and regularly do.....best their efforts.

Enjoy Memphis, John........just please, please....DON'T GET OFF THE MAIN ROADS !!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AK-g
      Im going to try some pork ribs tomorrow, got them in the fridge with the membrane off and the rub on
      I tried them twice in the past on my old offset...first time was rubbish and second time was absolute failure lol.
      This time its on the kamado so hopefully they will come out better :D

Any hints and tips from anyone?
      what about measuring the meat temps?

I will post the outcome
      thanks
          Adam
    • By GrillDawg
      Fired up the Kamado Joe today for some baby back ribs. Followed the video @John Setzler posted on YouTube. My rack ended up being a little smaller than the one in the video so I never quite got the bend test, but these were definitely some of the best ribs I have ever had. Pics below!

Baby Back Ribs
      Rub: A custom one made by Lanes BBQ (a local BBQ place located in Bethlehem, GA). On Father's Day our church gave out a custom rub Lane's made to all the dads. It was great!!
      Sauce: Sweet Baby Ray's diluted with some apple juice
      Cook time: 5ish hours
      Smoked with some cherry blocks

1. Put them on the grill around 12:30PM

2. ~2 hours into cook

3. Profile shot (~3 hours)

4. Gettin' saucy (~4 hours)

5. Nice color and glaze. This was right before I took them off.

6. Plated w/ roasted broccoli and cauliflower plus roll

7. Yessir!

8. Fall off the bone!

9. Gotta shoutout to one of my favorite breweries and they are located 5 min away: Terrapin Beer!

Really enjoyed this cook today. Excited to take the leftovers and make a hash with them in the morning!

• By Inkbird
      Hey guys, Good Morning, Inkbird IRF-4S Food Thermometer will run the first flash sale today, up to 25% off, you don’t want to miss it.
      Original Price £66.99---Deal Price £50.99, Save you £16.
      Deadline:25-Jun-2019 12:35 BST ‐ 25-Jun-2019 18:35 BST
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KPZK56Z

IRF-4S Features:
      1.Waterproof and 1000mAh USB rechargeable lithium battery:customers can use at outdoor when raining. Fully charging capacity could be last for 60 hours when it works.
      2.Magnetic Design and Four BBQ Probes:the device could be adsorbed on the smoker, drum or oven strongly. It comes with three food probes and one ambient probe.
      3.Up to 1500 feet remote wireless signal in outdoor space:Super stronger wireless signal and stable ability of through wall.

BTW, here is 10% off code: ULCSGFZB for IRF-4S carrying case, help you all things keep organized.
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S77SY8X
      Please share this great news with your frineds and please send us message if you have any question on unit. Thank you guys support.

• By Inkbird
      Hi guys,

Inkbird will have a flash sale for IBT-2X bluetooth BBQ thermometer on 23 June, Don't miss it. 

Original Price £24.99---Deal Price £19.99
      Deadline:23-Jun-2019 10:25 BST  ‐  23-Jun-2019 16:25 BST 
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WGMDSBL

Thanks for your guys support! Have a nice weekend. 

• By ItsGriffff
      Hey Kamado Fans,

I've recently inherited a antique Kinurra Yaki Kamado size #5 from my grandfather who purchased it new in the late 1950s while overseas. It is still factory wrapped, with cardboard padding around it, and rope holding all the pieces together. This thing is as good as it gets. It's currently in Burke, VA and I'm looking to sell it. If anyone is interested please email me: parkergriffo@gmail.com

Cheers!

-Parker