jswinehart

Vision Accessory Kit?

If I hadn't already picked up the diffuser and an ash tool.

Btw from the looks of this thing the diffuser rack is adjustable in size. I assume the two sizes of stone are normal and smaller? Should have taken a pic of the specs.

Good find.  I guess that is it the kit we have been hearing about.  Clearly the target is new buyers, not people who have owned and used their grill for a while and already have at least half of that stuff.  Hopefully the electric starter was a cheap throw in for them - they do seem to be fond of them though (as evidenced by the electric starter ports on many of their models).

I think the smaller lava stone would be nice, but the rest doesn't seem very innovative.   

What do you think a smaller stone is good for?

If anyone sees this in store. Could you get the details regarding the diameter of the stones. I would think that the standard stone for deflector and a larger for pizza would be more useful.

I think the smaller stone would allow you to get to some higher temps while still cooking indirect.   I continually struggle to get my temps up 425 with the larger stone in it.   I am also kind of scared to get the temps too high with the larger stone.

I think the smaller stone would allow you to get to some higher temps while still cooking indirect.   I continually struggle to get my temps up 425 with the larger stone in it.   I am also kind of scared to get the temps too high with the larger stone.

FWIW, I forget where, but I read something that strongly advised against running at higher temperatures with a deflector in a low position down in the firebowl because the temperatures below the deflector can be much higher than above it.  That scenario can result in a cracked firebowl.  I think it was either from a grill manufacturer or maybe the CGS website.

Oh I see. I recently purchased the Bayou Classic cast iron round griddle because I had cracked a pizza stone using it as deflector. I may cut it in half as some have done in order to use it for divided cooking.