Mmmmm

The random pictures thread...

This was a place I used to hunt.  I was walking & scouting it out in the late Summer looking for good Fall spots to hunt.

Funny thing was I had that odd sensation of being watched while I was standing there taking a few pics.

Looked at it later and "saw" what was watching me.

greatview.jpg

This was a place I used to hunt. I was walking & scouting it out in the late Summer looking for good Fall spots to hunt.

Funny thing was I had that odd sensation of being watched while I was standing there taking a few pics.

greatview.jpg

There is a group of well-known local businessmen in town here that go hunting together every year. Like hunting parties do, at the end of the hunt they do a group photo of everyone in camp with their deer either hanging or on the ground in front of them - typical Outdoor Life stuff. Well, this one year they took their pictures, packed up camp, and came home. They got their pictures developed and it wasn't until then that they saw, in the photo, a HUGE mountain lion lounging on a tree limb and looking down at them from about 15'-20' up in a tree straight above them, in the same tree that several of the deer were hanging in. Not one of them ever saw it in real life. I saw the photo and it definitely made the hair on the back of your neck stand at attention. They had that one pinned on a bulletin board in one of the businesses for a long time.

This was a place I used to hunt. I was walking & scouting it out in the late Summer looking for good Fall spots to hunt.

greatview.jpg

That is creepy.

There is a group of well-known local businessmen in town here that go hunting together every year. Like hunting parties do, at the end of the hunt they do a group photo of everyone in camp with their deer either hanging or on the ground in front of them - typical Outdoor Life stuff. Well, this one year they took their pictures, packed up camp, and came home. They got their pictures developed and it wasn't until then that they saw, in the photo, a HUGE mountain lion lounging on a tree limb and looking down at them from about 15'-20' up in a tree straight above them, in the same tree that several of the deer were hanging in. Not one of them ever saw it in real life. I saw the photo and it definitely made the hair on the back of your neck stand at attention. They had that one pinned on a bulletin board in one of the businesses for a long time.

Wow.  That is a crazy scenario.  

Glad we don't have big cats around here.  We have bobcats. I've seen several while hunting, but only one that really got my attention.  That sucker was massive. One thing about those cats is that I've seen them follow the trail I took to my stands.  They weren't scared off by the trail, but actually following it.

We do have the occasional panther story.  Always fun tailgate discussion.

Mountain lions account for quite a few attacks on humans every year.  Dangerous animals.