The random pictures thread...

Mmmmm

No, but it is supposed to improve virility and libido! Interestingly the snake venom proteins are unfolded by the alcohol and therefore the completed beverage is usually, but not always, safe to drink.

My Son in Okinawa has some Saki with a snake in it. I could say there's something with that part of the world, but i have been known to ingest tequila with a worm in it at times. Never ate it though. 

8 hours ago, len440 said:

i have been known to ingest tequila with a worm in it at times. Never ate it though. 

I was never one of those still standing when it came to decanting the worm, so, me too.  Ah, the good old days and extremely fuzzy memories.

22 hours ago, len440 said:

hubble.jpg.3514d93d7ded1017303ca54b9e17964c.jpgMaybe they could find Pluto

The mirror on the new Webb space telescope is about 3 times larger and it orbits the sun instead of earth.  Puts it in to perspective. Hubble took some amazing photos so I can't wait to see what Webb takes.

Plus Webb telescope introduced us to Lagrange points. Science is a wonderful thing. Webb will see back into the past to about 200 million years after the Big Bang ( not the tv show this is for my grand daughter who didn't know about the big bang).  

1 hour ago, len440 said:

Plus Webb telescope introduced us to Lagrange points.

I first learned of those reading Isaac Asimov science fiction back in the day.  Really cool to see them being used for such a great scientific achievement. (And I think I've just aged myself : )