The random pictures thread...

Mmmmm

Boater you did date yourself I enjoyed  Isaac and also Arthur C Clark ( his best was rendezvous with Rama there starting to make a movie on it )  Funny how our science fiction is now the norm.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 9:59 AM, len440 said:

Time for a Chuckle 

Spam.jpg

We used to have Potluck Lunches at work about 6 times a year.  One year our lunch fell on November 11th, Remembrance Day.  We decided to ask everyone to get creative and bring foods that reflected wartime options for people.

I did Panko coated, Fried Spam on a stick, served with a couple of dipping sauces.  I did a little display showing Spam’s origin as a canned wartime food for soldiers as well.   It was a great hit and was gone in no time.  A lot of the younger kids turned their nose up initially and had to be talked into trying it.  Some older people remembered having as kids. Only one or two still eat it regularly.  All enjoyed it.  

Saw this baby in London Ont about a decade ago. IIRC, GM was late shipping a diesel train engine to go overseas and it missed the ship.  The Antonov AN-225 opened it’s nose, track sections were laid out and they rolled that train inside.  The nose closed, the train was strapped down and off it went.  I guess that the cost of the plane was cheaper than the combination of a later ship and late penalties.  

I honestly didn’t think it would fly.  It was so slow and used all the runway to get off the ground.

Rest in peace you beautiful bird!  Glory to Ukraine.

F877B7E1-C34D-404D-B86B-6A98E839CFA0.png