Sign in to follow this  
Cgriller64

Salt, Sweet, Heat

Found some Italian Green Peppers at the farmers market.

f3c5e466fbf688a3000c80ed04ed4bd0_zps3b13

Pan fried in olive oil with a tad more salt then the doctor prescribed.

592b4c184755655fb73b55dfad4358d3_zps6140

Tossed them in my mouth like popcorn. Salty in the beginning, sweet in the middle, and heat in the end. Perfect.

What could I add to go with it besides my trusty PBR? Sausage of course but all I have is frozen. No problem. Threw them into the pressure cooker with some of the PBR. Couple of minutes later cut into bite sized pieces and browned in the leftover pepper oil.

f8d00b37c641555b36591f065283dbbc_zpse89d

In the pool you go my little pork buddies.

9551da3c97f4332513f38f979f5164eb_zps763e

Add a little mustard and dinner is served.

Thanks for taking a peek.

Love it when you post a cook Cgriller. This one is definitely something I would enjoy. Salty, Sweet, and Hot, with little porkie morsels of joy, bathed in rough ground mustard, and washed down with a cold beer. Just amazing simple but delicious peasant food. Doesn't get any better than that. By the way, you batching it tonight, cause that looks like man food.  :) I made something like that one time when my wife was out. Only I used sardines instead of the sausage.The minute she came home she could smell the evidence. Have a pleasant evening buddy. 

Thanks Keeper. The wives always seems to know don't they? Sort of batching it tonight. The wife just had a quick salad before heading toward the mall. If my next post is Top Ramon Kamado style you will know how she did. She did try a couple of the peppers but got one that was a little too spicy for her taste so she left the rest to me. Darn.

Purchased red and green finger hots yesterday for hanging.  I believe they are called jwala peppers.  Not crazy hot but good enough.  I may fry a few up as this meal looks right up my alley