Sunday Akorn Pizza Goodness n' Hot Wings

JohnMcClane

A gorgeous Sunday called for more pizzas and hot wings on the Akorn. My wife, being gluten-free for 15 years feels like she's making up for lost time by having restaurant quality pizza at home that doesn't remotely taste like some of the gluten free products do. 

We followed the Gordon Ramsay recipe, same as always. Let the dough rest for an hour while I fired up the Akorn. I brought it up to 450 and threw the wings on for about 35 minutes. They came off gorgeous. Perfectly crispy. Tossed in Franks and set aside. 

I put a foil pan of peeled garlic, EVOO and two dried chilies on the top rack and slid in my pizza stone. Again, I have never used a heat deflector and I get perfect pizzas every time. 

I think this is partially due to the fact that we go thin crust and I put the toppings on top of the cheese. I see some on here put cheese on top and well, that's just wrong as it prevents the toppings from cooking. But, to each his own. 

The garlic chilli oil really is a secret weapon. 

Four pizzas

Capicola 

Capicola and Red Onion

Artichoke and green olive 

Artichoke, green olive, roasted red pepper and hot peppers

Yes, we have beer, wine and cider on the table. It's Sunday :) 

post-6598-0-13650000-1411405375_thumb.jp

post-6598-0-10228700-1411405369_thumb.jp

post-6598-0-92818700-1411405371_thumb.jp

post-6598-0-74080900-1411405365_thumb.jp

post-6598-0-89072400-1411405361_thumb.jp

Oh, i have no idea why it rotates the pics like so. Anyone can help, please make a suggestion. 

That's incredible looking grub. My son is dairy free and I am looking forward to making him some good home cooked pizza. Going to go and buy the stone next week.

We don't use a ton of cheese ourselves, so I think you'll be able to make something delicious, of course there are the dairy free cheese options, but I've never had a reason to try those so not sure how they hold up. Have fun making pizzas. Mine cook around 5-8 minutes max. I use parchment paper and they slide off of it after a couple minutes.