ckreef

ckreef's Sunday Night Pizza Thread

Sunday has become pizza night at my house. I thought I would start a thread and update it every Sunday with that nights pizzas. Let's get started.

The ingredients:

3e5ujeqy.jpg

Tonight's lineup:

Steak pizza. A special steak pizza sauce. A sprinkle of 3 cheese mix (Parmesan, Romano, Asiago), leftover steak chunks and topped with a sprinkle of fresh grated mozzarella.

My son's Hawaiian. Sauce, sprinkled with 3 cheese mix. Ham and pineapple chunks topped with fresh grated mozzarella.

Balsamic reduction tomatoes. Sauce, sprinkled with a tomato/basil feta cheese. Roma tomato slices drizzled with Balsamic reduction. Topped with fresh sliced basil and fresh grated mozzarella.

y9uzahe6.jpg

Akorn ready to roll. Dome temp is about 50* lower than actual temp. Hold on to your britches, things happen fast at this temp.

y5e3arum.jpg

First up is the steak pizza. 2 mins total cook time.

qadygu6y.jpg

ne9aryra.jpg

Next up is the Hawaiian pizza. 2 1/2 mins total cook time. Every successive pizza I have to add an extra 30 seconds as the Akorn and pizza stone are cooling down.

5u9emy2y.jpg

Finally we have the tomato Balsamic reduction pizza at 3 mins total cook time.

3egedupy.jpg

All pizzas could have taken an 30 seconds cook time. Next Sunday I will peg the dome thermometer at a full 700* before I start.

The steak pizza was to die for but........

The star of the show was the tomato Balsamic reduction pizza. This one was just mind blowing. This will be a regular on the Sunday night menu.

My wife and son really like Sunday pizza night as each Sunday I keep getting better at pizza cooks. Stay tuned for next Sundays Pizza Night.

Them be serious real pizzas. Looking good. Makes me want to hide mine and eat them in the dark with the lights out.

Damn I'm still laughing. I've seen your pizza threads. There's no shame in your game :-)

I've cooked a lot (a whole lot and them some) of kamado pizzas to where I am finally confident enough to make a weekly pizza post. Most of my past pizzas were never posted and a few have been thrown in the trash.

We like Sunday night pizzas as well, and I must try the balsamic reduction pizza. Did you do the sauce yourself?

No, store bought this time. Balsamic Glaze from a company called Gia Russa. First time trying it and it is out of this world. Will be a staple in my pantry from here out.

Okay, great, I'll look for it. And did you mix it with tomato sauce or how did you use it actually?

If you look carefully in the ingredients picture you will see Roma tomato slices with a dab of that glaze in the middle. I carefully transfered those tomato slices onto the Pizza. As it cooked the balsamic glaze spread out a little over the whole pizza.

I could dip my finger in that balsamic glaze and lick it clean. Oh wait - Yea I did that before using it on the tomato slices. Hey I had to try it out ;-)

Very nice pies Ckreef, your giving us something to look forward to each Sunday evening.

I will attempt to keep my pizza game fresh each week. I do have some detailed posts to go with this along the way (setup, dough etc....)

I like the thread idea too.  By the way, ck, have you ever heard of the Anacortes Oyster Run?  It's maybe a thousand Harleys and other cycles  descending on this part of the country to ride around wherever they want to go, sort of like being in a swarm of grasshoppers or something.  Made me think of you as I was out and about.  We always get warned about traffic delays, and when you're at a stoplight surrounded by bikers, it rattles and roars.

I like the thread idea too. By the way, ck, have you ever heard of the Anacortes Oyster Run? It's maybe a thousand Harleys and other cycles descending on this part of the country to ride around wherever they want to go, sort of like being in a swarm of grasshoppers or something. Made me think of you as I was out and about. We always get warned about traffic delays, and when you're at a stoplight surrounded by bikers, it rattles and roars.

Never heard of that run. I don't do a lot of group rides but the ones I've done are pretty cool. Nothing as big as what you're talking about.

Pizza is my all time favorite food and while I could happily clean my plate with any of those 3 cooks, my favorite would be the balsamic reduction tomato pie. It's pretty close to a Margherita style and that balsamic topping looks (and probably tastes) outstanding. Cook on ckreef.

my favorite would be the balsamic reduction tomato pie. It's pretty close to a Margherita style and that balsamic topping looks (and probably tastes) outstanding. Cook on ckreef.

Definitely my favorite too.