ckreef

ckreef's Sunday Night Pizza Thread

Sucks that it didn't work out, but I'm positive you'll bounce back strong! Btw, what's a Sicillian pizza?

it still looks like something that I would hit buddy!! what is special about Sicilian?

Shame mate looked promising that's experimentation for ya looking forward to next week when you nail it

A Sicilian pizza should have a very soft, fluffy, almost bread like crust. Similar to a deep dish but an even lighter crust and built traditional not upside down.

This crust was anything but that. Dense and dry is how I would describe it.

It was a strange recipe I got off the Internet (throw that one in the trash) No worries like all my other dough styles I'll keep plugging away at it evey week until I get what I'm looking for.

Here is the commercial recipe General Mills provides if you are interested. The GM branded flours recommended are bread flours. Any bread flour should suffice, although the GM branded flours have 12.6% protein. This recipe is in bakers %, so for every 100 grams of flour, use 2 grams sugar, 1.5 grams salt, 53 grams water, etc.

post-1714-14247044412673_thumb.jpg

Could you please give me (us) a quick thumbnail review of your cooking process...direct, indirect, lifter, etc. Mine never come out looking like yours :-?

Thanks

Ways into this adventure I switched from kamado pizza to using a Blackstone outdoor pizza oven. It is a completely different beast than a kamado. Rotating pizza stone with a high btu propane burner. Wood peel to launch and metal peel to pull for the non pan pizzas.

You should be able to get similar results on a kamado indirect with an additional pizza stone (for the pizza) raised up high in the dome.

Well I thought the pizza tasted fine..even tho the dough was heavy and a bit dry..it did taste however good dipping it in the sauce...

TY sweetie, I do appreciate that but you know - - I think most of my food is just one step above dog food and not sure this was even a full step above.

Well I thought the pizza tasted fine..even tho the dough was heavy and a bit dry..it did taste however good dipping it in the sauce...

TY sweetie, I do appreciate that but you know - - I think most of my food is just one step above dog food and not sure this was even a full step above.
Well I guess thats why we are still at puppy love stage[emoji7]

Well I guess thats why we are still at puppy love stage[emoji7]

You guys are making me blush!  Congrats to you both!   :bravo:  :woot:  :good:

If the amazing stuff you knock out is "just above dog food" then I for one have no hope. Most of your cooks look great to me.

I appreciate that. My family thinks most of my food is really great. I guess I just set a higher bar for myself. I am my own worst critic.

If the amazing stuff you knock out is "just above dog food" then I for one have no hope. Most of your cooks look great to me.

I appreciate that. My family thinks most of my food is really great. I guess I just set a higher bar for myself. I am my own worst critic.

I know the feeling Sir. I'm pretty much the same way except if yours is one step above dog food. I know my ranks a couple of steps below yours so I guess I can't come up with a name for it.

I know the feeling Sir. I'm pretty much the same way except if yours is one step above dog food. I know my ranks a couple of steps below yours so I guess I can't come up with a name for it.
@Grabber Ill let you use my word for your cooks."Droolicious" :lol: