Picked up 4 good sized split chicken breasts this past weekend but didn't have the opportunity to grill them.

HxuhbAU.jpg

Grilling plans this afternoon weren't looking too promising, either.  Forecast is calling for more rain later.

So.....out comes the old reliable Crock-Pot to the rescue.

Vidalias, green onions, poblano peppers, celery, olive oil and garlic went down first.

xBlgSPM.jpg

On top of that went a large can of crushed tomatoes, some herbs, roostershire sauce and a liberal amount of Tabasco.

GbTMHVI.jpg

Chicken next with a can of my favorite cooking beer poured over it and some sriracha over the chicken for good measure.

1Auclgf.jpg

I"m going to let the chicken continue to cook until near done, then I'll take it out and remove the skin & bones and shred it and return most of it to the pot along with some Conecuh Cajun sausage.  I may go get some shrimp to add to if I go out.

Sounds great! However, you are one of the gurus that I would have pictured cooking in the rain... ;-)

Rain is no biggie for me or the grill.   The problem is the dogs will sneak out during my comings and goings and their muddy paws will wreak havoc in the house.

Sounds great! However, you are one of the gurus that I would have pictured cooking in the rain... ;-)

Rain is no biggie for me or the grill. The problem is the dogs will sneak out during my comings and goings and their muddy paws will wreak havoc in the house.

Thats why God created crates/laundry rooms/garages. No more excuses buddy! :-)

Chicken removed and letting it cool before I start shredding.

iymR7OX.jpg

Stuff is looking promising.

O69cczx.jpg

Running later than planned with this cook.......had to conjure up some eats for after school and a late lunch for my wife and I.

Looked around at what was on hand and figured I'd make a couple of fast pizzas.   Simple and fast.....with the emphasis on simple due to not having much in way of ingredients on hand.

uUq7Dsz.jpg

UlyliGP.jpg

Been wanting to try this "low-carb" stuff for a while.

Put some alfredo, pesto, garlic, herbs and mozzarella on each.   King Arthur for teenager......Bob's Red Mill for the adults.

King Arthur:

m7PQct7.jpg

9KrV8ZA.jpg

7DPdYFR.jpg

Bob's Red Mill:

l3JbP46.jpg

EJM8Ysk.jpg

vJqgCV6.jpg

Both pies could have used more heat beneath the crust......like a pizza stone.   Oven cooking.....no thanks.  Should've used the grill.

Everybody is stuffed so the stew will finish cooking and then be enjoyed tomorrow.

Sliced this package up and dropped it in the pot after tweaking the stew with more basil, some salt, sugar and ground up some pepper into the there, too.

z5gBdkF.jpg

Well.......these chicken breasts yielded way more than I needed for the stew.

Shredded two.....that went back into the pot.

CeuRjBJ.jpg

Chopped up two.....that made chicken salad after some more knife work on celery & green onions.   I really, really wanted to put a jalapeño in there but this batch was made for my wife and the chicken already had a load of spiciness by itself.  It already was subpar due to the lack of Blue Plate mayo (the only mayo for chicken salad).

LsoFYDY.jpg

h2FeRAI.jpg

It seems this stew thread has been about everything but the stew......but the trusty ole Croc is now on simmer mode and it'll be ready by MNF kickoff. :good:

Crockpot or not, that food looks outstanding!! Now you've for me craving my world famous minestrone soup...at least my family thinks it's world famous ;-)

That's all that matters.....that your familia enjoys your results !!!!!!!!!!

The only minestrone soup I've ever made came from a bag of freeze dried ingredients that I simply added water to and heated up.  That being said.....it had legs and I could see it hunting.

The real thing must be killer, indeed.  

Stew finished up pretty dang good.

Certainly the best thing I've done in a Crock-Pot in a long time.

Wasn't really wanting a bunch of carbs with this one......so took this and rubbed it across a grater to produce a suitable rice substitute.

Jtpw0JF.jpg

kQLkkEQ.jpg

I'm normally one-and-done on stews, soups and chili.   I had to fight not to go back for seconds on this one.  Only reason I didn't is I know the tomato acidity may very well have me reaching for the Tums later on.  :rofl:

As usual your cooks are amazing. I love the way you make it up as you go. I love your cooks.

Thanks, Marty.

It's hard to screw up something this easy......the crock-pot part of it, anyway.

It was a fun cook....no unlike doing things on the grill. I got to play with my knives, spice things up with three different hot sauces, cook two different meats and make my first two batches of dough and the results were all edible.

Hopefully good weather will appear on my next day off so I can get'r'dun outdoors.