Mr Cue

Conecuh Sausage

What is your favorite thing to do with Conecuh? I just scored 4 packs of original smoked Conecuh for $2.99 each and am dedicating one to smoked sausage, biscuits, and gravy for breakfast tomorrow. What shall I do with the others?

What shall I do with the others?

Eat them.    :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  

• Chicken and Sausage Gumbo  (13-08-03 Chicken & Sausage Gumbo.pdf)
  • ABTs
  • Deep South Tacos (use the sausage as the meat finely chopped and well seasoned when you cook it)
  • Po'-boy  Sandwich  (fry up the sausage lengths with onion and bell peppers or some peppronici peppers)
  • Breaded or Battered and Deep Fried (like a corn dog, partially pre-cook sausage first)
  • Sausage in a Blanket (partially pre-cook sausage first) 
  • Sausage and Roasted Poblano Pepper Casserole
  • By this time you are well out of sausage...so no more ideas....

I must say, this sausage is the bomb! I may never buy ground sausage for use in a breakfast dish again. This is the stuff they make those awesome tasting smoked sausage biscuits that I love with or at least it's the same flavor. So far I've eaten it plain, in eggs, on biscuits, and with rice. Well worth the hunt if you haven't tried it!

Conecuh is some tasty Alabama made sausage that I've been seeing in the stores for years but always passed up until I caught a great sale and decided to try. Not sure if they distribute in Canada but here is their site below:

http://www.conecuhsausage.com/default.aspx