Improv

Nothing but the money!

4 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Need more info on this please.

Certainly. This was a recipe my wife saw on Facebook. The recipe is from Kimber and I will share the link at the end of this post. 

I typically like to make desserts from scratch - I just enjoy it more because I have control of what goes in it, however, my wife asked me to make this the other day. 

Ingredients needed:

1. 2 cans of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls

2. 1 20 ounce can of apples

3. 1/2 cup of melted butter

4. 1/3 cup of brown sugar

5. 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Start by cutting the cinnamon rolls in half length wise (do not separate them). Then cut each half in fourths length wise. Do this for both cans of cinnamon rolls. Then separate them and put in a bowl. Mix remaining ingredients in with cinnamon roll. Place mixture in a 9x9 dish (spray dish with Pam) and bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes (or until done - mine took 48 minutes).

After baking use the icing from cinnamon rolls to top off the dish. 

This was a quick and easy recipe (less than 5 minutes of prep time) that was quite tasty. Next time I make this I am going to do it all from scratch. 

Here is the link: https://www.thepinningmama.com/apple-breakfast-casserole/

Work has been chaotic for me and I get tomorrow off after 13 straight days. :)  Of course it decided to rain tonight when I fired up the grill, but still had some very nice comfort food.  Used a bit of cherry wood on this chicken with a medley of roasted parsnips, red potatoes, carrots, shallots, and garlic.  Cooked at 400F for just over an hour.  Thanks for looking.

IMG_20171118_190831_774.thumb.jpg.e79d9c9f30e8856e3d4925c438af3e6e.jpg

Yesterday, I smoked a small dinner ham, a couple trays of Mac N Cheese ( I am close to having my recipe dialed in), and a pork shank for a pot of beans later in the week.  I used Sugar Maple Pellets and a small smoking pot in the base of the KJ classic.  It cooked for about 75 minutes between 250 and 300F and turned out very well.  Unfortunately, it was pitch black by the time things were ready to come off the grill and the pic was not so good.  Thanks for looking.

mac1.thumb.jpg.7e8d83b357374daba9e8f05d20a37f5a.jpg

mac2.thumb.jpg.4e680f6a96cafa04e760946ba3dace3f.jpg