Nothing but the money!

Improv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An old buddy came for a visit this weekend. I roasted us a chicken for Saturday night dinner prior to going to a concert (John Prine, still killin' it at 70+). Loosely followed John Setzler's beer can chicken method, except for the can part. Results were exceptionally tender and juicy. Served with roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts. My friend deemed it the best meal he's had in recent memory. 

RoastedChicken040117.jpg

I have a bunch of stuff in the freezer that I need to start using.  Tonight was a simple pork loin roast dusted with Dizzy Pig's Mediterranean-ish  with yukon gold potatoes and asparagus fancied up with some salt and pepper. I cooked it raised direct about 350F until 135F internal temp.  Unfortunately, I scored it a little deeply when doing a cross hatch.  I am really looking forward to some Italian roast pork with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe tomorrow night.

porkroast.jpg

8 hours ago, Garvinque said:

@Jesse Good to see someone that still has their Weber Kettle, I still have and use both my OTG and Jumbo Joe!

I use both at least once a week, if I was to get a second BGE I might use it less but it still would get it used. Good thing a new BGE isn't in the budget right now. 

9 hours ago, Garvinque said:

@Jesse Good to see someone that still has their Weber Kettle, I still have and use both my OTG and Jumbo Joe!

I have a 26" Weber kettle with the Slow N Sear accessory sitting right next to my BGE. The reverse sear for steaks is easier on the kettle.

IMG_3984.JPG

6 hours ago, Breadhead said:

I have a 26" Weber kettle with the Slow N Sear accessory sitting right next to my BGE. The reverse sear for steaks is easier on the kettle.

IMG_3984.JPG

How do you like the slow n sear? Was thinking about getting one or the vortex. Ended up making my own vortex and I'm not sure if I like it yet, only cooked once since I made it so far. Also looking at the craycort grill for my kettle.