Chocolate Chip Mega Cookie!

Here's a great way to take your chocolate chip cookie to the next level on your Kamado grill!

Recipe:

2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks (12 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat your grill to 350°F.  You want a clean burning fire with NO added wood chunks for smoke.

In a mixing bowl, wisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

In the bowl of your mixer, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix until creamed together.

Add the egg and vanilla and mix for another minute or so.

Add the flour mixture one spoonful at a time until the flour is completely incorporated. 

Add the chocolate chips to the mixing bown and mix until just incorporated.

Turn the cookie dough into an 10" greased cast iron skillet and cook at 350°F until the edges are brown and the top is turning golden in color.  Remove from the grill and cool on a wire rack for 20-25 minutes.  

Serve!

Looks outstanding!  Love cookies cooked/served this way. 

There is a restaurant chain on the West Coast called BJ's Brewery.  Not sure if they are outside of California.  Anyway, one the items on their dessert menu is called Pizookie.  It's basically a LARGE cookie, cooked in a LARGE pan.  It's served straight out of the oven with a few scoops of vanilla ice-cream on top.

I love making this dessert... but have gotten pretty lazy.  I simply buy the family sized tube of Nestle cookie dough, squish it into a large pan (pie dish), bake it until lightly done, and serve it like pie slices with a large scoop of ice cream on top.  Everyone RAVES about it.  And it's sooooo simple :-)

Looks outstanding!  Love cookies cooked/served this way. 

There is a restaurant chain on the West Coast called BJ's Brewery.  Not sure if they are outside of California.  Anyway, one the items on their dessert menu is called Pizookie.  It's basically a LARGE cookie, cooked in a LARGE pan.  It's served straight out of the oven with a few scoops of vanilla ice-cream on top.

I love making this dessert... but have gotten pretty lazy.  I simply buy the family sized tube of Nestle cookie dough, squish it into a large pan (pie dish), bake it until lightly done, and serve it like pie slices with a large scoop of ice cream on top.  Everyone RAVES about it.  And it's sooooo simple :-)

Try this with the NY times chocolate chip cookie recipe. I started changing out their PIA mix of flours for all AP flour. You could make it in large batches and freeze it. Anyway, it is totally worth the effort.