Which Kamado(s) do you own?

Which Kamado(s) do you own?  

484 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just ordered a 32 inch Komodo Kamado today in Cobalt Blue!!

I would suggest something a little higher quality... along with a bigger cooking surface. Just don't think the 32" KK is gonna meet your needs ;-)

Seriously though...AWESOME cooker my friend :-)

• 1 month later...

I have a lg Big Green Egg. One of the reasons that I like this forum is that for once, BGE owners are a minority! I'm impressed with how many people on this site own and love CharGriller Akorns. I am no snob but I never took them seriously because of the low price point. Interesting how passionate their following is here.

Edward,

I'm impressed with my CG Akorn, I've cooked on ceramics that others own and get the same results for a lower price. It's a great cooker. First charcoal grill I've ever owned, so I wasn't ready to dive in and spend the money on a ceramic in fear that I may not like it. I do love it, and if it ever needs replacement I'd now be willing to spend the money on a nice ceramic. Not that I believe the food would be better, but for longevity purposes. No one knows how long the steel will hold up yet.

In my experience so far, the ceramics could be somewhat of an investment in that they will last much longer than any metal grill. So far, the only weak links in ceramic grills are their metal parts, assuming the shells don't break, which, theoretically, are covered by warranty.

Robert

I started out with an early model of the Menard's Big Red Kamado about 2 years ago. I guess people call them Akorn grills now. I was a propane man previously. I had a lot of leaking problems, and could never hold low temp, even after much work to seal it better. I think I just got a bad one. It was a good cooker otherwise.

I returned it to menards after a couple months of cooking quite a bit on it (great return policy!) and I got the Black Kamado Joe. There was only one back then, but it is now known as a "classic joe". It was not sealed very well at the draft door. Being that I was so experienced at sealing up leaky grills I fixed that before I ever fired it up. 2 years later, I love my K Joe. I've cooked tons of stuff on it, and it performs incredibly. It has held up very well. I would like to upgrade to the big joe eventually, but I'm not sure I can even get one that big up to my rooftop deck. I will be making a table for it soon, and I'm really looking forward to it!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm cooking with the Char-griller Akorn. So far it has far exceeded my expectations. I do not rule out getting a ceramic kamado in the future, but for now the Akorn is awesome! When I got it, I was hoping to be able to cook decent pulled pork or ribs. Since I got it I've discovered there are so many more cool things I can do with this. For instance, Fourth of July I made a killer Boston butt and this past Monday I made pizza and it was the best ever! I am stoked, pun intended!

• 3 weeks later...