Correct me if I missunderstand, busy sleep deprived weekend, but pork loin will not get that tender. Would country ribs be a better substitute for chuckies

I did a pork loin in a crock pot (eeeeeeekkkkkkk) recently and it was fall apart tender. I think doing a reasonably long pan braise would yield similar results.

Will try it soon and post the results.

I do understand your thinking about pork loins being a very lean cut. Country ribs which is basically just cut strips of butt should work well but then you have effectively made a pulled pork taco.

Correct me if I missunderstand, busy sleep deprived weekend, but pork loin will not get that tender. Would country ribs be a better substitute for chuckies

I did a pork loin in a crock pot (eeeeeeekkkkkkk) recently and it was fall apart tender. I think doing a reasonably long pan braise would yield similar results.

Will try it soon and post the results.

I do understand your thinking about pork loins being a very lean cut. Country ribs which is basically just cut strips of butt should work well but then you have effectively made a pulled pork taco.

Thanks

B

I smoked and Beer braised a small chuckie this past weekend and the results are really good. There seems to be a lot of negative comments about Chuckie's and pulled beef but I would say it was a total success. Great Tacos!

I really liked the pulled beef chuckie. If you wanted a more traditional taco flavor you could pull it. Then sprinkle in some taco seasonings and stir. Let sit for 10-15 mins.

Yup think I will try that soon. Would much rather have pulled chuckie tacos instead of ground beef any day.

I was thinking to do this with a top round, aka London broil cut. Do you think it would come out as fall apart tender?

Most meat braised long enough will end up fall apart tender. I would give it a try.

When I first pulled this out of the oven I put some forks to it and it wasn't falling apart. Recovered with the foil and put it back in for another hour. Checked it again with forks and it was good to go.

I've cooked 10-12 London Broil cuts.  I've always run a jacquard pretty aggressively on both sides, then marinated.  I've grilled it to MR, then sliced on the bias, I've sliced it horizontally, pre-cook, and stuffed it, I've cooked it straight-up, and I can say that it is one of my least favorite cuts to work with.  It's hard to imagine how cooking it in a slow cooker would improve it anymore than cooking an Eye of the Round in a slow cooker would improve the cut.

As Ross said, lean and tough will always stay lean and tough.