Dallas Cowboys - Any one buying it?

philpom

The season started in a bad way but they haven't looked back.  They look better each week and they aren't just winning, they are dominating at times.  The defense is 1000 times better than anyone thought, the offensive line has been amazing and the running attack unstoppable.

I heard predictions of a 6/10 season, that is obviously not going to happen, they could end of with 12 or 13 wins, maybe more.  Their odds of winning the super bowl changed after the victory over the Hawks from 75/1 to 12/1.  After the strong victory over the Giants the odds are 9/1.  5/1 they win the NFC championship.

Anyone get in on that action when it was 75/1? :)

No doubt to me they are the hottest team in the NFL right now, thoughts or analysis?  How do you beat them right now?  

Even with injuries to Sean Lee, and losses of Jason Hatcher and DeMarcus Ware, the Cowboys defense really improved despite being expected to be the worst in NFL history. Terrence Williams has really been able to step up for the loss of Miles Austin and Demarco Murray may break Eric Dickerson's record if he holds up. Ever since the three interceptions in the San Francisco game, Tony Romo has been great. I think the Cowboys really have a chance to make it to the Super Bowl this year. How 'bout dem Cowboy!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm buying the cowboys this season, and I've been their biggest critic over the years. The only reason I'm saying this is because of a lack of any real front-runner powerhouse this year, with the exception of Denver. sF and Seattle are both lookin bad, Arizona has a good record, but I don't think their legitimate, same can be said about KC. Basically, Romo's just got to learn how to not choke give away games, more than finding ways to win, which his seemss to be doing this year. And lets face it, they're in the crappiest division in the League. 9-8 or 10-7 will probably do it.

and I'm the guy that was happy when during a 1 and 15 season the only team they beat was the Redskins!

Some of the Romo bashing could be valid however they have relied on him alone for years to win games.  Now we have a real running game, 2 great WR's, two amazing TE's, the O line is fantastic and the 'D' is playing great as a unit.  Don't forget about Bailey, perhaps the nest kicker ever.  Perhaps Romo can focus a little more and if one or two more folks step up on 'D' we will be can't be beat.  I'm excited.

Ross said, "The only reason I'm saying this is because of a lack of any real front-runner powerhouse this year"  

I think you are looking at them in the Cowboys.  Of course folks either love them or hate them, I love them since I was old enough to toss a football around.

How weird.. Going into the season I do not think anyone when looking at the playoff picture would give the NFC East any shot whatsoever at a wild card spot.. Figured the NFC West would easily take one and the 2nd would be settled between the North and South.. But dang Dallas and Philly are both playing well and the the NFC west does not look as good as last year with Seattle having problems and San Fran having locker room issues.. 

As for the Cowboys, I am not doubting they will have a fine season. But there is gonna be some adversity at some point.. How they handle that adversity remains to be seen, will the wheels come off as usual? 

Yeah, funny, it seemed as though the road to the NFC Championship would go through the NFC West this year. Now, with Seattle and SF having their problems, it's wide open. You can't dismiss the Rams in this division, either, they've shown signs of making a push. I do think Seattle will ultimately win that division, though. I still wouldn't call Dallas a dominant team. The only "dominant team" I really see right now is Denver, then you have a group of about 6-8 teams that all have their issues, including Dallas, But if the playoffs started tomorrow, in the NFC, I think Dallas would be the front-runner.

I don't think that Murray can keep getting the amount of carries he has without breaking down.

Right now they got everything rolling their way. Only time will tell...

I think we saw last weekend that that Hillman kid is more than adequate at RB. He may well continue to cut into even a healthy Murry's playing time

I don't think that Murray can keep getting the amount of carries he has without breaking down.

Right now they got everything rolling their way. Only time will tell...

You ride that pony until it falls dead under you.  DeMarco is one big tough man.  He's got a LOT to prove this year to JJ.  This is DeMarco's last year on his contract.  JJ and his idiot son haven't even started negotiations to keep DeMarco on the team.  At the rate he's going, he's gonna pull down some kind of cash for next year ... IF he can stay healthy.

Murray is an amazing back  (Stellar), I bet every team in football wishes they had him.  The Cowboys 'O' line is the difference and you'll know it if/when you see a backup running full time while we wait for Mr. Murray to return.  Will it be this good?  No but it will continue to be great.

What sets him apart?  Watch him run, notice how he waits, he is so patient.  That is the difference.

This is the same owner that had Mr. Smith from day one, I don't recall any issue there, we now call him "greatness" and "Hall of Famer".  I'm not claiming that Murray is there but so far so good.