Dallas Cowboys - Any one buying it?

philpom

You have to tip your hat to Washington. Hoping Romo is alright. As long as Jerry Jones is on the sidelines trying to run things, I really do not see much hope for the Cowboys. That's a shame because man for man, they are nearly as good as any team out there, I think.

• 11 months later...

Drew Brees is an excellent quarterback, but the Cowboys are so beat up it's hardly worth trolling about. Romo, Dez, Scandrick, Lee, Dunbar, Gregory, etc, etc, etc. Half the players that actually played were injured. Even that score right there at the end of the game was a result of miscommunication more than anything else. Both teams played like crap most of the night.

Might as well go kick a puppy and brag about it.  ;-) 

Well, the fact of the matter is that this is a bit of a rebuilding years for the Saints, and I'm not expecting much. Given that Brees is struggling with injury, we have so many rookies on our squad, and the NFC South is no slouch, I don't see us going far this year.

But that's a position I'm accustomed to in my 40+ years rooting for the Saints. I've lived in places like SFO and DC, where the bandwagon doesn't even get fired up, until their team is batting .800 or so - that's not how we roll. When you root for a team that occasionally gets 3-4 wins per season, you root for individual games, or even plays, regardless of where they'll sit in the division of conference. You work with what you got. And you celebrate loudly, in the wake of every spec of sucess! Give the history of this franchise, there 'aint no bandwagon on Bourbon St.

Now, I don't know how long Brees has, but he'll always be a Saint, in my eyes. Fact is, players get injured and older, and changes eventually get made. Most of the game we saw traces of that, with Brees seemingly limited to throwing 15 or so yards, due to his injury. Heck, most of us expected he'd have to sit another one out. But looking at the last minute and a half of regular play, besides the missed FG, that was the Drew Brees Squad we've come to know and love - Fast, flawless, fearless, brilliant, and deadly! Having yet another taste of that was sweet.  So forgive us if we gloat a bit, because we have that nagging feeling in our guts that there won't be many more moments like that for us. Laissez bon temps rouler, while we got 'em!

Agree hogsfan, if Romo plays, that game would have not even got close to OT. 

That if game is something. Drew Brees 33-41 for 350 and a couple of TDs with a bum shoulder. What if he'd been at full strength?

Reality is that the winless Saints squeaked out an overtime win at home over a badly depleted Cowboys team that had 2nd string players in at many key positions.  While I am certain that the Saints (and fans) are excited to finally get a win I don't think they should be too excited.

A win is a win in the NFL so let's here it for the Saints!

Reality is that the winless Saints squeaked out an overtime win at home over a badly depleted Cowboys team that had 2nd string players in at many key positions. While I am certain that the Saints (and fans) are excited to finally get a win I don't think they should be too excited.

A win is a win in the NFL so let's here it for the Saints!

No doubt but as WhoDat said we're rebuilding. Started 4 rookies on D and 6 get significant snaps. Every team has injuries. As your former coach Bill Parcels said it's not who you play but when you play em.